Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:06 PM
Subject: [nvda] setting up winamp

Hi, everyone,

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I think she's using windows 7. I'm not sure about the extentions.

What extension or extensions are they and what version of Windows is she using?

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Hi, everyone,

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi Gene,

She's trying to play mp3 files but for some strange reason, she can't get them to play. I had to think about the extention but they're mp3 files.

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Hi, everyone,

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Arlene

I haven't installed it for ages. I say she should check all boxes so winamp
will play all files. Such as mp3s aug and others. I hope you got this
solved. Sorry I'm late in this thread.

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

It doesn’t sound like it is a file-type association issue if they won’t play at all. Does anything play? Has she tried opening them from winamp itself rather than from file explorer?

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Hi, everyone,

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Some files will play but she can't play the ones in her country music folder.

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Hi, everyone,

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Well http://winamp.megamusic.co.uk or is it megamusic.co.uk/winamp.

Thats maintained by dj egg from the winamp forum and seems to be where winamp is.

Now mainly because radiognome can't move its ass no new versions.

Now you may try the klite mega codec pack from codecguide.com.

I have managed to aquire a lot of the nullsoft plugins.

chipamp still has its plugin but I have aquired a list of them.

It would be the case of me putting them back up, I don't leave stuff like this up all the time because of dropbox link traffic and the like.

On 29/11/2017 11:27 a.m., Gene wrote:
What extension or extensions are they and what version of Windows is she using?

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Well codecguide.com and get the mega codecs you shouldn't need them for acm mp3s but maybe lame at any cost the codec does have addware but you can remove it and to be honest, the codec is worth a donation.

Heck if they had a pro version then I'd buy a million coppies.

I use it daily and install it on every pc I maintain, own and repair I'd never be without it.

Just like ccleaner, cd burner xp, goldwave, vlc and 7zip.

On 29/11/2017 12:03 p.m., Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi Gene,

She's trying to play mp3 files but for some strange reason, she can't get
them to play. I had to think about the extention but they're mp3 files.

I think she's using windows 7. I'm not sure about the extentions.

What extension or extensions are they and what version of Windows is she
using?

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

David Griffith

I know that there has been lots of responses already but  I too have often had difficulties installing various versions of Winamp.

There are  lots of versions out there and not all work well on Windows 10 at least.

Some version when installed  will not open mp3 files properly from File Explorer despite association and other weird issues Like freezing during the startup wizard when you select skins etc.

Generally I have learnt to only use the version of that can be downloaded from www.nimite.com

Essentially what I would do  is in-install the version of Winamp sshe is using and download the version from Nimite.

No guarantees  of course but this is the way I have overcome Winamp difficulties  of this sort in the past.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's

having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it

but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or

uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I tried installing winamp from that site but I still couldn't get it to run. I guess I'll just stick to windows media player.

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's

having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it

but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or

uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene

there is too much we don't know.  has the person set Winamp to be the default player if she knows how?  Is the latest or a not too old version being used?  Does another player currently play the files or does Windows give an error message?

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:01 PM

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Hi, everyone,

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene

What happens when she tries to play them and has she set Winamp as the default player or gone through the proper procedure to make it the default player for MP3 files?

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:03 PM

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Hi, everyone,

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I think she had it set as her default player. She'll uninstall it and then try reinstalling it again to see what happens. The files still won't play.

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:03 PM

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Hi, everyone,

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I don't know if she got any error messages. She didn't say.

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:01 PM

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Hi, everyone,

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Arlene

Thanks, that’s good to know.

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's

having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it

but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or

uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

We would need to know the file extension she is not able to play. That is usually the issue here. Sometimes other media players or codecs set other software up as default I notice, and so it can be a little bit fruustrating that media player plays one thing winnamp some others , media player classic yet more and th rest on vlc.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Are they maybe just shortcuts to mp3 files if they have been moved?
Normally the Lame library is used by most players to play them.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

She's trying to play mp3 files but for some strange reason, she can't get
them to play. I had to think about the extention but they're mp3 files.

I think she's using windows 7. I'm not sure about the extentions.

What extension or extensions are they and what version of Windows is she
using?

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

I have just discovered Winamp myself! I see that you and many others are fully familiar with it. I installed it two days ago. I can play my mp3 files now but I had a  problem finding out how to do it. I have no menu bar like the menu bar in other Windows programs. I found that the application key gives me a choice of actions. I wonder have I installed a non-accessible version of Winamp? What should I do to have a fully accessible version and where can I find ou all about what to do?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Hi, everyone,

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier this morning and she said she's
having trouble setting up winamp. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
but some of her files won't play. Are there boxes she needs to check or
uncheck?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Where did these files come from?
If she moves say one file to a folder she has no issue with, does it then play? Are the file sizes in the folder realistic, or just a few bytes?