VPN

Don H

Wonder how many NVDA users use a VPN and if it adds any problems when using NVDA. Which VPN works best with NVDA?

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Use expressvpn and I don't have any issues with nvda on Windows 10 1909 stable

On December 6, 2019 5:15:39 PM "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net> wrote:

Wonder how many NVDA users use a VPN and if it adds any problems when
using NVDA. Which VPN works best with NVDA?

Sascha Cowley

I've not experienced any issues when using a VPN with NVDA.

Some of the providers' clients are not very accessible, though. I remember finding the TorGuard client pretty good when I used it a few years back. I'm currently using NordVPN, and its client leaves a lot to be desired.

On 7/12/2019 12:15, Don H wrote:
Wonder how many NVDA users use a VPN and if it adds any problems when using NVDA.  Which VPN works best with NVDA?

Lenron

That expressvpn client use to give me so many annoying issues it was
find once I got connected but still. If it has gotten better good on
them. A lot of these clients are rage inducing.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Luke Davis

The usual advice is to use the OpenVPN client instead--it works with many VPNs in place of their own software, and is supposed to be more accessible.

Luke

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019, Lenron wrote:

That expressvpn client use to give me so many annoying issues it was
find once I got connected but still. If it has gotten better good on
them. A lot of these clients are rage inducing.

accessible tech malayalam

in my experience VPN software's des'nt make any problems.
i,am using betternet vpn regularly and i have no problem at all!

On 07/12/2019, Luke Davis <luke@newanswertech.com> wrote:
The usual advice is to use the OpenVPN client instead--it works with many
VPNs
in place of their own software, and is supposed to be more accessible.

Luke

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019, Lenron wrote:

That expressvpn client use to give me so many annoying issues it was
find once I got connected but still. If it has gotten better good on
them. A lot of these clients are rage inducing.

Sascha Cowley

True, but this is often an unsatisfactory solution: many VPN providers have multiple servers, all of which their software knows about, allowing you to easily select one that suits your needs, or have the software select the most suitable server based on current usage; using OpenVPN you have, to the best of my knowledge, to keep track of all of the servers yourself, and cannot automatically select the most suitable one. I've not tried it myself, and this is based on having read a couple of help articles, though, so I could be wrong.

On 7/12/2019 19:13, Luke Davis wrote:
The usual advice is to use the OpenVPN client instead--it works with many VPNs in place of their own software, and is supposed to be more accessible.

Luke

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019, Lenron wrote:

That expressvpn client use to give me so many annoying issues it was
find once I got connected but still. If it has gotten better good on
them. A lot of these clients are rage inducing.

Giles Turnbull

I tried using Express VPN last year but its client was very hard to navigate with NVDA. I figured out how to connect to a VPN but it connected to only one in the whole time I used it whereas I was hoping to choose from a range of available servers.

I let my Express VPN account lapse when my year's membership expired.

All controls on the Express VPN window were not labelled ... there were at least five "button" buttons. I did speak to their tech support team about this but they were not much help ... I'm not sure they really understood what screen reading software was :(

Giles

molly the blind tech lover

I want to get  VPN . . . I like my privacy.