Topics

Anybody have an accessible password service?

John Isige

Hey all. Anybody got an accessible password service recommendation? My wife uses Last Pass and I think people generally seem to like it, but is it accessible? I personally wonder what you do if you're on a computer that's not one of yours but you want to log on to a site. Is there a way to get at your password in that case? I'm pretty sure it uses apps for phone/tablet but I'm honestly not sure what it does on PC. I figured I'd ask here because somebody's probably had experiences. I'll obviously need to feed it the old passwords for sites and have it change the passwords to whatever it autogenerates. So I'd like to know that all of that's accessible rather than trying to chase down services and messing with them, if somebody's already done the research, so to speak. I'd hate to get halfway through a process and have it changing things and find out later that it's not fully accessible or something.

Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...>

I use KeePass

John Isige 於 8/12/2019 9:24 寫道:

Hey all. Anybody got an accessible password service recommendation? My wife uses Last Pass and I think people generally seem to like it, but is it accessible? I personally wonder what you do if you're on a computer that's not one of yours but you want to log on to a site. Is there a way to get at your password in that case? I'm pretty sure it uses apps for phone/tablet but I'm honestly not sure what it does on PC. I figured I'd ask here because somebody's probably had experiences. I'll obviously need to feed it the old passwords for sites and have it change the passwords to whatever it autogenerates. So I'd like to know that all of that's accessible rather than trying to chase down services and messing with them, if somebody's already done the research, so to speak. I'd hate to get halfway through a process and have it changing things and find out later that it's not fully accessible or something.

Sascha Cowley

I personally use LastPass.

It's not great but it's usable.

As for logging in to sites on others' machines, I would usually find the password on my phone and type it in manually. I don't use other people's computers though, so I've never done this (closest I've come is logging in to sites in VMs where installing the browser addon wouldn't be worthwhile).

On 8/12/2019 12:24, John Isige wrote:

Luis Guerra <wnynewjersey@...>

Nimer Jaber

1password, Lastpass, Chrome sync, Bitwarden are all pretty accessible with a few quirks here and there.

Thanks.

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 8:09 PM Luis Guerra <wnynewjersey@...> wrote:
Site Promoting KeePass Password Manager Pushes Malware
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/site-promoting-keepass-password-manager-pushes-malware/

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is
up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

John Isige

I don't have a phone. That's why I was wondering about it.

On 12/7/2019 21:21, Sascha Cowley via Groups.Io wrote:
I personally use LastPass.

It's not great but it's usable.

As for logging in to sites on others' machines, I would usually find
the password on my phone and type it in manually. I don't use other
people's computers though, so I've never done this (closest I've come
is logging in to sites in VMs where installing the browser addon
wouldn't be worthwhile).

On 8/12/2019 12:24, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. Anybody got an accessible password service recommendation?
My wife uses Last Pass and I think people generally seem to like it,
but is it accessible? I personally wonder what you do if you're on a
computer that's not one of yours but you want to log on to a site. Is
there a way to get at your password in that case? I'm pretty sure it
uses apps for phone/tablet but I'm honestly not sure what it does on
PC. I figured I'd ask here because somebody's probably had
experiences. I'll obviously need to feed it the old passwords for
sites and have it change the passwords to whatever it autogenerates.
So I'd like to know that all of that's accessible rather than trying
to chase down services and messing with them, if somebody's already
done the research, so to speak. I'd hate to get halfway through a
process and have it changing things and find out later that it's not
fully accessible or something.

Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...>

Please don't spread missleading information.

It just mentioned that one site pretended to be Keepass, and spreadviris.

That is irrelevant to KeePass.

If someone use your name to spread viris, then I can say that you are a viris? Or course not.

Luis Guerra 於 8/12/2019 10:08 寫道:

Hope Williamson <hopeisjoyful@...>

I use LastPass, and I think it's fine. As for logging into a site on a computer that isn't your's, you can do it as long as you remember your LastPass password.

Quentin Christensen

Note that warning about the site pushing Keepass is not the official site - it's a fake site setup to push malware (they also have sites offering other software such as 7Zip, which again isn't the real version.

I have used KeePass and it works ok.  I was thinking of changing to 1Password for the ability to more easily use it with my wife and also between my PC and my phone.

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 3:09 PM Luis Guerra <wnynewjersey@...> wrote:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/site-promoting-keepass-password-manager-pushes-malware/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Richard Bartholomew

Just in case you didn’t know, the phone app for KeePass is called MiniKeePass and is fully usable.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 08 December 2019 22:36
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Anybody have an accessible password service?

Note that warning about the site pushing Keepass is not the official site - it's a fake site setup to push malware (they also have sites offering other software such as 7Zip, which again isn't the real version.

I have used KeePass and it works ok.  I was thinking of changing to 1Password for the ability to more easily use it with my wife and also between my PC and my phone.

--

Quentin Christensen

Nikola Jovic

Mini kee pass works, but it is pretty outdated and is not exactly the
best solution for this. It lacks any kind of auto filling of passwords
so you have to copy and paste them manually, same for touch ID
authentication. On the other hand, if you use Android, there is a
great Kee pass app which does both of these just fine.

On 12/8/19, Richard Bartholomew <rlbart53@gmail.com> wrote:
Just in case you didn’t know, the phone app for KeePass is called
MiniKeePass and is fully usable.

Sarah k Alawami

I heard 1password had accessibility issues on windows. In fact, the staff actually told me it did when I asked. They were looking into it. That conversation was 2 years ago, but I get the feeling based on complaints from friends of mine who use braille displays etc that they have not ben fixed.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 8 Dec 2019, at 14:35, Quentin Christensen wrote:

--
Quentin Christensen

Angelo Sonnesso

I have been using Last Pass, and it works on my computers and my phone, and tablets

73 N2DYN Angelo

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 11:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Anybody have an accessible password service?

I heard 1password had accessibility issues on windows. In fact, the staff actually told me it did when I asked. They were looking into it. That conversation was 2 years ago, but I get the feeling based on complaints from friends of mine who use braille displays etc that they have not ben fixed.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

--

Quentin Christensen

Nicolai Svendsen

Hi,

I use 1Password daily between my phone and laptop on Windows 10, both with Chrome and the application you install. It works just fine. Only weird issue is there is a slight lag sometimes when you search for something, but they’re aware of it. The only other thing I’ve found is that sometimes it’ll say agilebits.1password.screenitem for certain elements, but they’ve seen it with NVDA and should hopefully have it fixed.

That’s the major thing I’ve found. Everything is generally fine and usable otherwise. They’re not things that would actually prevent you from being productive with it. Naturally I’ve told them about it, and if they’re just as quick to fix issues that I have pointed out in their counterparts on other platforms, I’m pretty optimistic.

Nicolai

Sendt fra Mail til Windows 10

Fra: Sarah k Alawami
Sendt: 9. december 2019 17:07
Til: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Emne: Re: [nvda] Anybody have an accessible password service?

--

Quentin Christensen