Topics

Anybody have an accessible password service?

John Isige

Hey all. Anybody got an accessible password service recommendation? My wife uses Last Pass and I think people generally seem to like it, but is it accessible? I personally wonder what you do if you're on a computer that's not one of yours but you want to log on to a site. Is there a way to get at your password in that case? I'm pretty sure it uses apps for phone/tablet but I'm honestly not sure what it does on PC. I figured I'd ask here because somebody's probably had experiences. I'll obviously need to feed it the old passwords for sites and have it change the passwords to whatever it autogenerates. So I'd like to know that all of that's accessible rather than trying to chase down services and messing with them, if somebody's already done the research, so to speak. I'd hate to get halfway through a process and have it changing things and find out later that it's not fully accessible or something.

I use KeePass

John Isige 於 8/12/2019 9:24 寫道:

[...]

Sascha Cowley

I personally use LastPass.

It's not great but it's usable.

As for logging in to sites on others' machines, I would usually find the password on my phone and type it in manually. I don't use other people's computers though, so I've never done this (closest I've come is logging in to sites in VMs where installing the browser addon wouldn't be worthwhile).

On 8/12/2019 12:24, John Isige wrote:
[...]

Luis Guerra <wnynewjersey@...>

Nimer Jaber

1password, Lastpass, Chrome sync, Bitwarden are all pretty accessible with a few quirks here and there.

Thanks.

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 8:09 PM Luis Guerra <wnynewjersey@...> wrote:
Site Promoting KeePass Password Manager Pushes Malware
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/site-promoting-keepass-password-manager-pushes-malware/

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

John Isige

I don't have a phone. That's why I was wondering about it.

On 12/7/2019 21:21, Sascha Cowley via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Please don't spread missleading information.

It just mentioned that one site pretended to be Keepass, and spreadviris.

That is irrelevant to KeePass.

If someone use your name to spread viris, then I can say that you are a viris? Or course not.

Luis Guerra 於 8/12/2019 10:08 寫道:

Hope Williamson <hopeisjoyful@...>

I use LastPass, and I think it's fine. As for logging into a site on a computer that isn't your's, you can do it as long as you remember your LastPass password.

Quentin Christensen

Note that warning about the site pushing Keepass is not the official site - it's a fake site setup to push malware (they also have sites offering other software such as 7Zip, which again isn't the real version.

I have used KeePass and it works ok.  I was thinking of changing to 1Password for the ability to more easily use it with my wife and also between my PC and my phone.

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 3:09 PM Luis Guerra <wnynewjersey@...> wrote:
Site Promoting KeePass Password Manager Pushes Malware
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/site-promoting-keepass-password-manager-pushes-malware/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Richard Bartholomew

Just in case you didn’t know, the phone app for KeePass is called MiniKeePass and is fully usable.

Note that warning about the site pushing Keepass is not the official site - it's a fake site setup to push malware (they also have sites offering other software such as 7Zip, which again isn't the real version.

I have used KeePass and it works ok.  I was thinking of changing to 1Password for the ability to more easily use it with my wife and also between my PC and my phone.

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 3:09 PM Luis Guerra <wnynewjersey@...> wrote:

Site Promoting KeePass Password Manager Pushes Malware
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/site-promoting-keepass-password-manager-pushes-malware/

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Nikola Jovic

Mini kee pass works, but it is pretty outdated and is not exactly the
best solution for this. It lacks any kind of auto filling of passwords
so you have to copy and paste them manually, same for touch ID
authentication. On the other hand, if you use Android, there is a
great Kee pass app which does both of these just fine.

On 12/8/19, Richard Bartholomew <rlbart53@gmail.com> wrote:
Just in case you didn’t know, the phone app for KeePass is called
MiniKeePass and is fully usable.

Sarah k Alawami

I heard 1password had accessibility issues on windows. In fact, the staff actually told me it did when I asked. They were looking into it. That conversation was 2 years ago, but I get the feeling based on complaints from friends of mine who use braille displays etc that they have not ben fixed.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 8 Dec 2019, at 14:35, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Note that warning about the site pushing Keepass is not the official site - it's a fake site setup to push malware (they also have sites offering other software such as 7Zip, which again isn't the real version.

I have used KeePass and it works ok.  I was thinking of changing to 1Password for the ability to more easily use it with my wife and also between my PC and my phone.

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 3:09 PM Luis Guerra <wnynewjersey@...> wrote:
Site Promoting KeePass Password Manager Pushes Malware
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/site-promoting-keepass-password-manager-pushes-malware/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Angelo Sonnesso

I have been using Last Pass, and it works on my computers and my phone, and tablets

73 N2DYN Angelo

[...]

Nicolai Svendsen

Hi,

I use 1Password daily between my phone and laptop on Windows 10, both with Chrome and the application you install. It works just fine. Only weird issue is there is a slight lag sometimes when you search for something, but they’re aware of it. The only other thing I’ve found is that sometimes it’ll say agilebits.1password.screenitem for certain elements, but they’ve seen it with NVDA and should hopefully have it fixed.

That’s the major thing I’ve found. Everything is generally fine and usable otherwise. They’re not things that would actually prevent you from being productive with it. Naturally I’ve told them about it, and if they’re just as quick to fix issues that I have pointed out in their counterparts on other platforms, I’m pretty optimistic.

Nicolai

Sendt fra Mail til Windows 10