Topics

NVDA no longer recognizes the status bar in Thunderbird

Dejan Ristic

Hi,

When I installed the latest (68.3.0 (32-bit) version of Thunderbird, I discovered that it could no longer report the status bar information when the defined keystroke was pressed to perform that task.

Let me also say that the status bar found in the view menu, toolbars submenu within Thunderbird is checked, which means that NVDA is supposed to be able to read the status.

When I press the keystroke, NVDA says 'No status bar information'.

If such a problem has been already reported, let me appologize for skipping it.

Cheers,

Dejan

Dejan Ristic

I've forgot to tell you that I use the latest stable version of NVDA and that my operating system in use is Windows 7, 64 bit.

On 15/12/2019 17:43, Dejan Ristic via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

When I installed the latest (68.3.0 (32-bit) version of Thunderbird, I discovered that it could no longer report the status bar information when the defined keystroke was pressed to perform that task.

Let me also say that the status bar found in the view menu, toolbars submenu within Thunderbird is checked, which means that NVDA is supposed to be able to read the status.

When I press the keystroke, NVDA says 'No status bar information'.

If such a problem has been already reported, let me appologize for skipping it.

Cheers,

Dejan

René Linke <rene.linke@...>

Hi,

I can confirm that with Thunderbird 68.3.0 (for 64 bit), NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1, and Mozilla Apps Enhancements add-on 1.9.1.

René

Dejan Ristic

It was reported in the previous 32 bit versions on my 64 bit system. This is for the first time that it fails.

On 15/12/2019 17:53, René Linke wrote:
Hi,

I can confirm that with Thunderbird 68.3.0 (for 64 bit), NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1, and Mozilla Apps Enhancements add-on 1.9.1.

René

Rui Fontes

The problem is not from NVDA or from Mozilla add-on...

The statusBar in the new Thunderbird have a role: ROLE_STATICTEXT, instead of StatusBar

Rui Fontes