Strange symbols on my Braille display

Pele West

Hi

Thanks. I have got Braille Extender now.

Pele West

Rui Fontes

Yes, it is an add-on.

You can get it in the oficial add-ons page, accesible through Add-on manager on the NVDA, Tools menu.

Rui Fontes

Às 09:28 de 17/12/2019, Pele West escreveu:

Hi Brian

I don't see "Braille Extender" or "Prevent Undefined characters with
Hexadecimal Value". Is there something I have to do to get it, like an
addon.

I am running NVDA 3.

Thanks

Pele West

Pele West

Hi Brian

I don't see "Braille Extender" or "Prevent Undefined characters with
Hexadecimal Value". Is there something I have to do to get it, like an
addon.

I am running NVDA 3.

Thanks

Pele West

Denis Sariyannis

Hi Adriani,
this issue not only appears in web browsers on several websites. Sometimes I also experience it in Windows, especially when the focus gets lost. But I don't know how to reproduce these situations and they happen rarely.

Best
Denis

Am Mo., 16. Dez. 2019 um 23:15 Uhr schrieb Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...>:

Hey Denis,

are you experiencing this also on Firefox? And is this behavior only on Twitter? Or do you see it on every website?

Here is some background about the character that you get on your braille display. This is an object replacement character and although seems to be part of the accessibility tree, it should not be exposed to the braille display.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Accessibility/Architecture

Have you enabled any accessibility development features in Chrome which might expose those characters?

Best

Adriani