dropbox issue

Hi.

Seems dropbox has fixed their clogged server, and the file is going fast again, wander what it was.

I have no idea how you can work with their new program. I've moved to OneDrive because there were so many unlabeled buttons in the new program it was making my head hurt. I'd remove dropbox completely if I wasn't sharing folders with people.

Arlene

Could have been your server.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: December 18, 2019 5:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] dropbox issue

Hi.

Seems dropbox has fixed their clogged server, and the file is going fast

again, wander what it was.

Sarah k Alawami

I see no unlabeled buttons, in fact the app just works a lot better now. I just copy and do the smart sync etc. It works grate.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 18 Dec 2019, at 17:13, Robert Kingett wrote:

I have no idea how you can work with their new program. I've moved to OneDrive because there were so many unlabeled buttons in the new program it was making my head hurt. I'd remove dropbox completely if I wasn't sharing folders with people.

David Griffith

I think you may be working with different versions – whilst thankfully  I have not got this new version yet I have seen others on another list complaining about the dreadful accessibility of the new DropBox.

From memory the advice there was to go into the new app settings and change view settings so that Windows File Explorer was again the default vehicle for DropBox rather than the new app and possibly use something like “Classic” view settings.

I cannot be definite as I have personally managed to avoid the new DropBox app.

David Griffith

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: 19 December 2019 05:56
Subject: Re: [nvda] dropbox issue

I see no unlabeled buttons, in fact the app just works a lot better now. I just copy and do the smart sync etc. It works grate.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

David Griffith

I have no personal experience of this but have heard from others that it is apparently it is possible in the new program to change view and return the default  file viewing etc to File Explorer.

David Griffith

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Kingett
Sent: 19 December 2019 01:14

Gene

Are you talking about the new interface?  You can return to the old interface.  Do you know how to get to properties of Dropbox in the system tray?  Tab around and change the combo box to show folders in Windows Explorer.  I don't know if it says file explorer in Windows 10. 

This shows the importance of not assuming a solution isn't available without asking on lists like this or the chat list to be sure.  At times, people go through a lot of trouble and inconvenience because they assume that if they haven't found one, there is none.

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 7:13 PM

Gene

If you use Dropbox and use the application, you will have it forced on you.  There is no way to stop the application from automatically updating when the update is sent to you.

Do you know how to open Dropbox properties in the system tray?  Open properties, tab around and set the combo box to show folders in Windows Explorer.  I don't know if it says file explorer in Windows 10.  There is no way to make the permanent change in the actual opened application itself.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:05 AM

I think you may be working with different versions – whilst thankfully  I have not got this new version yet I have seen others on another list complaining about the dreadful accessibility of the new DropBox.

From memory the advice there was to go into the new app settings and change view settings so that Windows File Explorer was again the default vehicle for DropBox rather than the new app and possibly use something like “Classic” view settings.

I cannot be definite as I have personally managed to avoid the new DropBox app.

David Griffith

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: 19 December 2019 05:56

Take care