file explorer

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I am running NVDA 2019.2.1. when I open file explorer I can no longer use the tree to move from drive to drive.

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                                                       

Greg Wocher

Hello,
Make sure that file explorers window is maximized. Use the alt plus spacebar menu to do this.

Greg Wocher

On Dec 22, 2019, at 12:28 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:

I am running NVDA 2019.2.1. when I open file explorer I can no longer use the tree to move from drive to drive.

David Griffith

I am not completely sure what the problem is but you could try

1. Press windows key and then type Control Panel
  2. When control panel comes up press F to jump to file Explorer options.

N here make sure that File Explorer is set to open to “This PC” in the first combo box.

David Griffith

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: 22 December 2019 05:29
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] file explorer

It sounds to me as though the Navigation Pane may have somehow been turned off.

If you hit ALT+V,N then activate the check control for Navigation Pane it should return.  If it gets unchecked then it disappears.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.

~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

It wasn’t closed. I know this because when I turned on Jaws it was there. What happens is that when I shift tab from the list view I seem to be in a blank. If I up or down arrow NVDA says nothing. If I shift tab again I’m in the search field. So the problem only seems to be in NVDA.

Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2019 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] file explorer

I am not completely sure what the problem is but you could try

1. Press windows key and then type Control Panel
  2. When control panel comes up press F to jump to file Explorer options.

N here make sure that File Explorer is set to open to “This PC” in the first combo box.

David Griffith

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: 22 December 2019 05:29
Subject: [nvda] file explorer

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 12:57 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
So the problem only seems to be in NVDA.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?  (Preferably with a reboot between those steps.)

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.

~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)

Jimmy Vonderlinden

I had this same problem , but within the network connections window. I got around it by bringing focus to the desktop, than alt tabbing back to the window, and than I was able to move through the list of wi-fi networks. Hope this helps someone