Topics

locked REMOTE

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I cannot remote on my home network.

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                                                       

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Disregard that last post it is now working.

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                                                       

Steve Matzura

What'd you do to get it working? I can't remote into anything on my home network with any screenreader with a remote feature.

On 1/6/2020 5:18 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

Jonathan Milam

Speaking of NVDA Remote, given the issues with it working with 2019.3, can someone please explain again why it just can’t be forked/repackaged and incorporated into the core of NVDA itself?

Jonathan

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2020 8:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] remote

What'd you do to get it working? I can't remote into anything on my home network with any screenreader with a remote feature.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 03:47 PM, Jonathan Milam wrote:
can someone please explain again why it just can’t be forked/repackaged and incorporated into the core of NVDA itself?
Just discussed, mere days ago, and the best and most comprehensive explanation of the current state of affairs is a message from Joseph Lee:
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/68245

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.

~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)

I do not understand why certain Groups.io links don't "automatically linkify" at times, but here's that link to Joseph Lee's message so that you can directly activate it:

https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/68245
--

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.

Mark <marktyler2014@...>

Great idea

Mark.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 06 January 2020 20:48
Subject: Re: [nvda] REMOTE

Speaking of NVDA Remote, given the issues with it working with 2019.3, can someone please explain again why it just can’t be forked/repackaged and incorporated into the core of NVDA itself?

Jonathan

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2020 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] remote

Well, here again, I am going to lock a topic.

I actually proposed the idea of forking remote and integrating it into NVDA myself, on the recently locked topic  NVDA remote.  It appears from what Joseph Lee wrote that the idea is being entertained, and that at least one of the original developers of NVDA Remote is (or was) in discussions with the folks at NV Access with regard to the future of the add-on.

One of my resolutions this year as moderator is to put a stop to topics that are just repetitions of topics that have been discussed, at length, mere days before and where there is absolutely no value in having the same discussion again since nothing has changed.  That is but one of the reasons for several of the NVDA Group Rules:

1.  Use threaded or conversation view in your e-mail client program or webmail and reading through the entirety of a topic before replying.  It gets you completely up to speed and avoids a lot of repetition.  If you choose not to use threaded/conversation view, please take the time to read through all messages from the group that are in your inbox prior to adding any reply to the group.  It’s the only way you can be sure you’re up to speed on any topic when not using threaded/conversation view.

2. If you have reason to believe your question has likely been asked and answered in the past please search the Group Archive first before asking it again.  Step-by-Step instructions for searching the group archive using the Groups.io search or a web search engine of your choosing: Searching_the_NVDA_Group_Archive.docx

I'll extend #2 to include having reason to believe any given topic has been covered, particularly in the very recent past.  And I don't believe that most memories are so short that five days ago wouldn't be within the memory of most members who are participating routinely.

Traffic is really high on this group by comparison to many others.  Beating dead horses, or at least not allowing hospitalized horses to be cared for when it's been noted they are hospitalized just days ago, serves no one.

Topic locked.
--