Topics

Purchasing Eloquence

Dan Kerstetter

Hello all.

Where is the best place from which to purchase the Eloquence speech synthesizer?  I’ve been to the code factory site; downloaded eloquence from their app store, but don’t know how to register/purchase it.

Any help, info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For an hour of good alternative and classic rock tune in to my show:  A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That  Monday at 5:00 eastern and Tuesday and Friday 8:00 eastern on out of sight radio.

http://www.out-of-sight.net/radio

atguys.com has both the nvda and sapi versions.

Their support is good.

On 10/01/2020 10:51 am, Dan Kerstetter wrote:

Hello all.

Where is the best place from which to purchase the Eloquence speech synthesizer?  I’ve been to the code factory site; downloaded eloquence from their app store, but don’t know how to register/purchase it.

Any help, info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For an hour of good alternative and classic rock tune in to my show:  A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That  Monday at 5:00 eastern and Tuesday and Friday 8:00 eastern on out of sight radio.

http://www.out-of-sight.net/radio

Pascal Lambert

Hi,

I just downloaded from Atguys.com.  I installed the add-on and each time I clicked On “try” I got the message that my internet is not connected.  Then it locked my system that I had to start my computer.  So I am unable to try the voices before I decide if it is worth purchasing.

Anyone experience the problem?

Blessings

Pascal

atguys.com has both the nvda and sapi versions.

Their support is good.

On 10/01/2020 10:51 am, Dan Kerstetter wrote:

Hello all.

Where is the best place from which to purchase the Eloquence speech synthesizer?  I’ve been to the code factory site; downloaded eloquence from their app store, but don’t know how to register/purchase it.

Any help, info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For an hour of good alternative and classic rock tune in to my show:  A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That  Monday at 5:00 eastern and Tuesday and Friday 8:00 eastern on out of sight radio.

http://www.out-of-sight.net/radio

Pascal Lambert

Is there a difference between the NVDA and the SAPI voices?

Thanks

Blessings

Pascal

atguys.com has both the nvda and sapi versions.

Their support is good.

On 10/01/2020 10:51 am, Dan Kerstetter wrote:

Hello all.

Where is the best place from which to purchase the Eloquence speech synthesizer?  I’ve been to the code factory site; downloaded eloquence from their app store, but don’t know how to register/purchase it.

Any help, info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For an hour of good alternative and classic rock tune in to my show:  A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That  Monday at 5:00 eastern and Tuesday and Friday 8:00 eastern on out of sight radio.

http://www.out-of-sight.net/radio

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

What I am noticing is that with the Sappi voice you lose the ability to change speed, volume, pitch and rate. You have to open Eloquence to make those  changes.

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!

atguys.com has both the nvda and sapi versions.

Their support is good.

On 10/01/2020 10:51 am, Dan Kerstetter wrote:

Hello all.

Where is the best place from which to purchase the Eloquence speech synthesizer?  I’ve been to the code factory site; downloaded eloquence from their app store, but don’t know how to register/purchase it.

Any help, info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For an hour of good alternative and classic rock tune in to my show:  A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That  Monday at 5:00 eastern and Tuesday and Friday 8:00 eastern on out of sight radio.

http://www.out-of-sight.net/radio

John Isige

Uh, no you don't. I can make those changes from the synth settings ring
or the menus just fine. You've been able to do that since I bought it,
and I think I'm up to version 1.6.6 or something. Unless they made a new
version and broke something in the last month or so, you should be able
to change settings without opening Eloquence. I only open mine if I need
to deactivate before a major Windows update, and reactivate afterwards.

On 1/10/2020 0:16, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

[...]

I just purchased mine and no matter what I do if I press NVDA+ctrl+the arrow keys the changes do not take affect. If I press NVDA+ctrl+v and make changes they are not taking affect. Only when I open Sappi5 eloquence. On Code factory’s page I don’t recall seeing a choice between Sappi5 and NVDA. Only   eloquence for windows.

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!

Uh, no you don't. I can make those changes from the synth settings ring

or the menus just fine. You've been able to do that since I bought it,

and I think I'm up to version 1.6.6 or something. Unless they made a new

version and broke something in the last month or so, you should be able

to change settings without opening Eloquence. I only open mine if I need

to deactivate before a major Windows update, and reactivate afterwards.

On 1/10/2020 0:16, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

> What I am noticing is that with the Sappi voice you lose the ability

> to change speed, volume, pitch and rate. You have to open Eloquence to

> make those  changes.

> ******

> character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for

> you!

I just downloaded the Code Factory Eloquent NVDA add-on NVDA and installed it.  I selected Tom voice and installed it.  However, I am unable to install any other voice to try and compare.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Blessings

Pascal

I just purchased mine and no matter what I do if I press NVDA+ctrl+the arrow keys the changes do not take affect. If I press NVDA+ctrl+v and make changes they are not taking affect. Only when I open Sappi5 eloquence. On Code factory’s page I don’t recall seeing a choice between Sappi5 and NVDA. Only   eloquence for windows.

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!

Uh, no you don't. I can make those changes from the synth settings ring

or the menus just fine. You've been able to do that since I bought it,

and I think I'm up to version 1.6.6 or something. Unless they made a new

version and broke something in the last month or so, you should be able

to change settings without opening Eloquence. I only open mine if I need

to deactivate before a major Windows update, and reactivate afterwards.

On 1/10/2020 0:16, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

> What I am noticing is that with the Sappi voice you lose the ability

> to change speed, volume, pitch and rate. You have to open Eloquence to

> make those  changes.

> ******

> character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for

> you!

Gene

If you want to use the MSAPI voices with more than one program, you may do so.  The NVDA add-on only works with NVDA.  I have the impression that the price is about the same.

Also, the NVDA add-on allows you to use another series of voices, that, while you may like them, I consider very annoying, as I do most of the newer synthesized speech.  But if you want more voices for your money, usable only with NVDA, you will get that.

atguys.com has both the nvda and sapi versions.

Their support is good.

On 10/01/2020 10:51 am, Dan Kerstetter wrote:

Hello all.

Where is the best place from which to purchase the Eloquence speech synthesizer?  I’ve been to the code factory site; downloaded eloquence from their app store, but don’t know how to register/purchase it.

Any help, info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For an hour of good alternative and classic rock tune in to my show:  A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That  Monday at 5:00 eastern and Tuesday and Friday 8:00 eastern on out of sight radio.

http://www.out-of-sight.net/radio

Gene

Do you mean you have to open NVDA settings or Eloquence settings?  There are both options.  I don't set such settings using the NVDA settings ring but I never had problems doing so opening NVDA settings and changing them there.

Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 12:16 AM

[...]

Check the settings in the actual Eloquence program itself.  I've used the demo but I didn't work with the settings enough to remember how you get to this one.  But in the settings for the voices themselves, there is a force setting.  Make sure it is off.  Force causes the voices to disregard screen-reader settings and use settings for the voices themselves.  It is off by default but yours may be on for some reason.

Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 8:14 AM

I just purchased mine and no matter what I do if I press NVDA+ctrl+the arrow keys the changes do not take affect. If I press NVDA+ctrl+v and make changes they are not taking affect. Only when I open Sappi5 eloquence. On Code factory’s page I don’t recall seeing a choice between Sappi5 and NVDA. Only   eloquence for windows.

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!

Uh, no you don't. I can make those changes from the synth settings ring

or the menus just fine. You've been able to do that since I bought it,

and I think I'm up to version 1.6.6 or something. Unless they made a new

version and broke something in the last month or so, you should be able

to change settings without opening Eloquence. I only open mine if I need

to deactivate before a major Windows update, and reactivate afterwards.

On 1/10/2020 0:16, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

> What I am noticing is that with the Sappi voice you lose the ability

> to change speed, volume, pitch and rate. You have to open Eloquence to

> make those  changes.

> ******

> character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for

> you!

With the Sappi5 version I purchased  from Code Factory, “eloquence for Windows”, When I do the standard ways of changing rate or volume nothing happens. I wind up having to open eloquence to make the changes.

******

Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 12:16 AM

[...]

Yeah you need to change all the eloquence stuff from its control panel.
This interestingly does not apply to vocaliser, but yeah you need to
change voices to.

On 11/01/2020, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:
[...]

I figured it out. If I set anything in eloquence it over rides the NVDA settings.

******

Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 8:14 AM

I just purchased mine and no matter what I do if I press NVDA+ctrl+the arrow keys the changes do not take affect. If I press NVDA+ctrl+v and make changes they are not taking affect. Only when I open Sappi5 eloquence. On Code factory’s page I don’t recall seeing a choice between Sappi5 and NVDA. Only   eloquence for windows.

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!

Uh, no you don't. I can make those changes from the synth settings ring

or the menus just fine. You've been able to do that since I bought it,

and I think I'm up to version 1.6.6 or something. Unless they made a new

version and broke something in the last month or so, you should be able

to change settings without opening Eloquence. I only open mine if I need

to deactivate before a major Windows update, and reactivate afterwards.

On 1/10/2020 0:16, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

> What I am noticing is that with the Sappi voice you lose the ability

> to change speed, volume, pitch and rate. You have to open Eloquence to

> make those  changes.

> ******

> character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for

> you!

I just posted moments ago that I just learned that the eloquence settings override the NVDA settings.

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!

Yeah you need to change all the eloquence stuff from its control panel.

This interestingly does not apply to vocaliser, but yeah you need to

change voices to.

On 11/01/2020, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:

> With the Sappi5 version I purchased  from Code Factory, “eloquence for

> Windows”, When I do the standard ways of changing rate or volume nothing

> happens. I wind up having to open eloquence to make the changes.

> ******

> character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for

> you!

I never had to do any such things unless the force settings were on.  I would suggest looking for those settings.

Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 7:19 PM

Yeah you need to change all the eloquence stuff from its control panel.
This interestingly does not apply to vocaliser, but yeah you need to
change voices to.

On 11/01/2020, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:
> With the Sappi5 version I purchased  from Code Factory, “eloquence for
> Windows”, When I do the standard ways of changing rate or volume nothing
> happens. I wind up having to open eloquence to make the changes.
>
> ******
> character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for
> you!

Maybe if you set anything in NVDA, it turns the force settings on.

Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 7:21 PM

Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 8:14 AM

I just purchased mine and no matter what I do if I press NVDA+ctrl+the arrow keys the changes do not take affect. If I press NVDA+ctrl+v and make changes they are not taking affect. Only when I open Sappi5 eloquence. On Code factory’s page I don’t recall seeing a choice between Sappi5 and NVDA. Only   eloquence for windows.

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!

Uh, no you don't. I can make those changes from the synth settings ring

or the menus just fine. You've been able to do that since I bought it,

and I think I'm up to version 1.6.6 or something. Unless they made a new

version and broke something in the last month or so, you should be able

to change settings without opening Eloquence. I only open mine if I need

to deactivate before a major Windows update, and reactivate afterwards.

On 1/10/2020 0:16, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

> What I am noticing is that with the Sappi voice you lose the ability

> to change speed, volume, pitch and rate. You have to open Eloquence to

> make those  changes.

> ******

> character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for

> you!

It shouldn't. If you tab through when you open the Eloquence program,
there are three checkboxes, "force pitch settings", "force speech rate",
and "force volume". If all of them are unchecked, NVDA should be able to
change all of those settings and the changes should stay in place.

On 1/10/2020 19:55, Gene wrote:
Maybe if you set anything in NVDA, it turns the force settings on.

atguys.com has both the nvda and sapi versions.
Their support is good.
On 10/01/2020 10:51 am, Dan Kerstetter wrote:
     Hello all.
     Where is the best place from which to purchase the Eloquence
     speech synthesizer?  I’ve been to the code factory site;
     downloaded eloquence from their app store, but don’t know how to
     register/purchase it.
     Any help, info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
     Thanks in advance.
     For an hour of good alternative and classic rock tune in to my
     show:  A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That  Monday at
     5:00 eastern and Tuesday and Friday 8:00 eastern on out of sight
     radio.
     http://www.out-of-sight.net/radio

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

That is what I discovered. When they were checked NVDA could not change anything.

******

On 1/10/2020 19:55, Gene wrote:

> Maybe if you set anything in NVDA, it turns the force settings on.

> Gene

The one thing NVDA can't change, as far as I know, is the "voice
profile" in the advanced section of the Eloquence program. It's where
you pick voices like Reed, Gramma, and so on. I've never seen a reason
to change from the default myself, but it's there if anybody wants it,
and so far as I know,, you can only do that from the Eloquence program
itself.