Topics

Thunderbird Address Book Question?

Jim O'Sullivan

I have recently updated to the latest Thunderbird, 68.4.1.
When I go to the address book I get no spoken feedback when I up and down arrow through the list of my entries.
I can still type the first few letters of a name I am searching for, but I do not get any spoken indication of where I am in the list.
I can use alt+enter to go into edit an entry and then I have all fields spoken.
Is there anyway to fix this?
I am using NVDA 2019.2.

Jim

René Linke <rene.linke@...>

Hi Jim,

Did you restart Thunderbird after updating it? That should be fixed then itself. Here it works everything with NVDA 2019.3 beta 1 and Thunderbird 68.4.1.
And did you switch to classic view?

René

Jim O'Sullivan

Thanks Rene
Have done most of those things.
Now I have also tried with NVDA 2019.3 beta.
Still the same.

Jim

On 11/01/2020 17:56, René Linke wrote:
Hi Jim,
Did you restart Thunderbird after updating it? That should be fixed then itself. Here it works everything with NVDA 2019.3 beta 1 and Thunderbird 68.4.1.
And did you switch to classic view?
René

Jim O'Sullivan

I have found what is causing this problem.
It is the Gcontactsync extension. I have this enabled all the time to
sync my Thunderbird Contacts with my Gmail.
The work around I have is to mainly keep this extension disabled. I
will reenable it occasionally to sync up my contacts.

Jim