Topics

Chromium Based Microsoft Edge Beta

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I have played with this new edge beta on and off for the past few months.  With the recent discussion on this list, I opened it and tried updating to the latest beta.  I don't see where you can do this in the beta.  Can you update an older beta-before 79, from within the browser itself?  If not, do you have to go to the web page to get the newest beta?

Thanks for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

The various insider channel (Beta, Dev, & Canary) versions of Edge update themselves.  Canary is nightly, Dev is weekly, and Beta approximately every six weeks.

I do not know if the updates follow a phased roll-out schedule or simply go to all users of a given channel at the same time.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.

~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)

There should be something in the menu when there is an update available. If not, go to the menu and click "about". Not sure where exactly on that page it will be. It should be there if there is an update. It should automatically update.

On 1/13/2020 9:50 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I have played with this new edge beta on and off for the past few months.  With the recent discussion on this list, I opened it and tried updating to the latest beta.  I don't see where you can do this in the beta.  Can you update an older beta-before 79, from within the browser itself?  If not, do you have to go to the web page to get the newest beta?

Thanks for any help.