From: Clive Lever
Sent: 13 January 2020 22:35
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Dropbox interfering with NVDA when reading Word files

Hi all,

For the first time today, when I went into my Dropbox area using NVDA, and opened up a Word file, The usual text I hear when opening these files was interrupted by a message saying: “Dropbox Window”. I suspect this is probably a problem with Dropbox rather than with NVDA, but short of copying the file out of the DB area, can anyone suggest a solution? It would also be helpful to find out exactly what is causing this.

Someone on another list has highlighted this problem too, and says it seems to happen when opening Word or Excel files but not with other editable file types, such as plain text.

Thanks,

Clive

It's happened to me so many times with excel and Word documents I moved all of my documents over to OneDrive. Now, the only things I have in my DropBox are shared folders and my portable apps like Thunderbird and Miranda NG and stuff. It's become such an annoyance I moved, for now, but have been trying to find an accessibility email to DropBox. No such luck, yet.

To be honest, the only solution I know is expanddrive.

I should note I have not tried this but it is supposed from what I read to be able to run everything as if you used a standard drive without a client.

It is 70 us dollars, but am not sure about its access.

To be honest I would always run any files to modify outside of a cloud location, partly because of my old school nature.

Incidently its why I like local accounts vs microsoft accounts, the run box and command line, and entering commands rather than always clicking icons.

I know a lot of this has no real basis, but on my own personal system I like things to just work and with all the security issues online 1 less possible issue is better but its just me.

On 14/01/2020 12:24 pm, Robert Kingett wrote:

It's happened to me so many times with excel and Word documents I moved all of my documents over to OneDrive. Now, the only things I have in my DropBox are shared folders and my portable apps like Thunderbird and Miranda NG and stuff. It's become such an annoyance I moved, for now, but have been trying to find an accessibility email to DropBox. No such luck, yet.

Sarah k Alawami

I don't have any excel and such files but if it fails with dropbox you can test it with keybase and see if i fails there, if it does not move all of your stuff there.

Blessings

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 13 Jan 2020, at 15:24, Robert Kingett wrote:

It's happened to me so many times with excel and Word documents I moved all of my documents over to OneDrive. Now, the only things I have in my DropBox are shared folders and my portable apps like Thunderbird and Miranda NG and stuff. It's become such an annoyance I moved, for now, but have been trying to find an accessibility email to DropBox. No such luck, yet.

I have never heard of keybase.