Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Lisa P
Geibel
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2020 18:19
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: [nvda] NVDA 2019.2 and the new Chromium Edge?

Hi,

Did anyone else get this today yet and if so, are you having any issues with
reading anything on it? Tab seems to work, but no go with the arrow keys for
us and we're also using Windows 10 version 1909. I didn't change anything in
settings, but maybe I need to?

Just remember that the keyboard commands for the New Chromium-based Edge will be almost precisely the same as they are for the Google Chrome browser, as both are based on the same code.

There were a number of "Old Edge only" things that will disappear.  Since I very seldom used original Edge with a screen reader I can't give any more detail than that.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)

I manually got it today to see what it did.

Look at my rant below.

Its not finnished, from my prospective it looks like old edge, new engine.

Faster content, a settings tab with good security and tracking.

Terrible ui automation issues crashing nvda and other things, a clutterred interface, and well I got rid of it quickly.

I also had to reset my default brouser, it doesn't support google services like cloudprint, and seems to want you to use bing and microsoft's own services.

The last part was not a surprise but its really not the new edge I was hoping for.

Its newer engine means faster content but its worse than the old crappy version of edge.

Its super crappy edge.

I hold off saying thats what I would expect from microsoft since this is basically version 1.0, however if this continues I don't see myself actively using it.

At least not like this.

From what I saw that actually worked, it did look nice but I disliked a lot more than I actually liked in fact I loathed and hated it a lot.

I am no longer going to hurry to get it.

If it comes, I may configure it but I will not use it at all.

The only good news, it didn't link and office programs all over the system like a version I downloaded last week did.

At least thats something.

On 16/01/2020 6:19 am, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
Hi,

Did anyone else get this today yet and if so, are you having any issues with reading anything on it? Tab seems to work, but no go with the arrow keys for us and we're also using Windows 10 version 1909. I didn't change anything in settings, but maybe I need to?

.

Hmph, well maybe I will wait for this thing to become stable before I try again.

It would make sence nvaccess focusing on the newer system.

On 16/01/2020 6:25 am, Adriani Botez wrote:
It works in NVDA 2019.3 Beta 2.

Best
Adriani