Topics

screen search

Darren Harris

Hi all,

Is there a way of using nvda to do a screen search whereby you can also store multiple search strings so you can access them at any given time?

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

What do you mean by screen search.

You do not mean like do a search of a web page?

If that is the case use the nvda key + ctrl key + the letter f when the dialogue box comes up enter in your search term. there is also a combo box that will tell you your last 20 searches etc Can not remember if they can be saved?

Gene nz

On 16/01/2020 12:02 pm, Darren Harris via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a way of using nvda to do a screen search whereby you can also store multiple search strings so you can access them at any given time?

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo

what they mean is like in jaws screenreader a thang called reSerchIt
the nvda version jaws has it NVDA's vda version of reserchIt.

On 1/15/20, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi

What do you mean by screen search.

You do not mean like do a search of a web page?

If that is the case use the nvda key + ctrl key + the letter f when the
dialogue box comes up enter in your search term. there is also a combo
box that will tell you your last 20 searches etc Can not remember if
they can be saved?

Gene nz

On 16/01/2020 12:02 pm, Darren Harris via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a way of using nvda to do a screen search whereby you can
also store multiple search strings so you can access them at any given
time?

Gene

A screen search is using something such as in JAWS, the JAWS cursor to search the current screen.  NVDA has no way to do this without using an add-on, but there is an add-on that allows you to virtualize the current window and thus, search the screen using the NVDA search command, control NVDA key f in desktop layout.  I don't know the laptop layout.

I don't know the answer to the original question.  I played with the add-on briefly and I didn't see such an option, but also, I wasn't looking, though I doubt it's there.  I would suggest keeping a record in something like Notepad of previous search strings.  You may have to type them manually there, but that may be the only way to do what you want to do.

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] screen search

Hi

What do you mean by screen search.

You do not mean like do a search of a web page?

If that is the case use the nvda key + ctrl key + the letter f when the dialogue box comes up enter in your search term. there is also a combo box that will tell you your last 20 searches etc Can not remember if they can be saved?

Gene nz

On 16/01/2020 12:02 pm, Darren Harris via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a way of using nvda to do a screen search whereby you can also store multiple search strings so you can access them at any given time?

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo

I need the add on link please jeen

[...]

This is the page.  You can read about the add-on and get the version you want.

Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:00 AM