From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Greg Rhodes
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:47 AM
To: NVDA Users Group <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Problems w/single key navigation

I’m running the latest version of Windows 1903 and I believe the latest version of NVDA. Single key navigation does not work for me in the Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers. I therefore was using Edge. When I downloaded the new Edge browser yesterday, single key navigation stopped working in Edge. Now I have no browsers where I can use single key navigagation. Can’t get it to work with NVDA or Narrator. Computer geeks tell me it must be a screen reader issue. Can anyone out there help? Is there a Windows 10 or screen reader setting that should be turned on or off to enable single key navigation. FYI, single key navigation does work for me in MS Word.

Thanks.

Greg

Jonathan COHN

Also, just to be sure. You are already running NVDA when you start the browser right? Browsers check for AT products on launch and only enable their acessibility layer when they detect a screen reader.
Jonathan

Greg Rhodes <gkrhodes@...>

Running the NVDA com registration tool didn’t solve the problem. Still don’t have single key navigation in any of my web browsers. Other suggestions? Thanks.

Greg

Tyler Spivey

Does NVDA say unknown in browsers instead of reading you links and such when you press tab?

On 1/16/2020 11:39 AM, Greg Rhodes wrote:

Running the NVDA com registration tool didn’t solve the problem. Still don’t have single key navigation in any of my web browsers. Other suggestions? Thanks.

Greg

Chris

Make sure you are in browse mode