Topics

is anyone working on making superantispyware accessable?

brian

This program is completely inaccessable.  I can't update it or scan or remove items found.  If I either tab or use arrow keys it says nothing.  This program is very good for removing tracking cookies but we can't use it.  My friend tried it with jaws and narator and got the same results as I did with nvda.  I am using 2019.3 bada 2 windows 1909 I know that this program has been a big problem with accessability for years now.

Brian Sackrider

Sarah k Alawami

What response if any have you gotten from the developers, If nothing I say abandon the program as the devs don't appear to care, which is sad. If you did get a response, what did they say.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 25 Jan 2020, at 12:37, brian wrote:

This program is completely inaccessable.  I can't update it or scan or remove items found.  If I either tab or use arrow keys it says nothing.  This program is very good for removing tracking cookies but we can't use it.  My friend tried it with jaws and narator and got the same results as I did with nvda.  I am using 2019.3 bada 2 windows 1909 I know that this program has been a big problem with accessability for years now.

Brian Sackrider

Ralf Kefferpuetz

I can use it since many years with NVDA using object and screen navigation . for me it is accessible.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of brian
Sent: Samstag, 25. Januar 2020 21:37
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] is anyone working on making superantispyware accessable?

This program is completely inaccessable. I can't update it or scan or remove items found. If I either tab or use arrow keys it says nothing. This program is very good for removing tracking cookies but we can't use it. My friend tried it with jaws and narator and got the same results as I did with nvda. I am using 2019.3 bada 2 windows 1909 I know that this program has been a big problem with accessability for years now.

Brian Sackrider

George McCoy

I use it every day.  It's a bit quirky, for sure, but you can use it with NVDA's object navigation keys and the tab and shift tab keys.

Here's the secret.

When you first open the program, NVDA doesn't quite focus on it.

Open the program, then alt tab to something else and alt tab back to SuperAntiSpyware.  If you do that, you can move through the controls with the object navigation keys.

When you find the check for updates link, you have to route the mouse to it and left click.

When the update check finishes, shift tab to the ok button and press spacebar or enter to click it.

At that point, the tab and shift tab keys magically come to life.

It's not the easiest program in the world to use, but it is usable, if and only if you open it, move to another window and move back.  If you don't do that, nothing works.

If you want to keep working with it, let me know and I'll give you details on where everything is located.

George

On 1/25/2020 2:37 PM, brian wrote:

Brian Sackrider

Arlene

S why I quit using it. I use windows defender instead.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: January 25, 2020 1:47 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] is anyone working on making superantispyware accessable?

I use it every day.  It's a bit quirky, for sure, but you can use it

with NVDA's object navigation keys and the tab and shift tab keys.

Here's the secret.

When you first open the program, NVDA doesn't quite focus on it.

Open the program, then alt tab to something else and alt tab back to

SuperAntiSpyware.  If you do that, you can move through the controls

with the object navigation keys.

When you find the check for updates link, you have to route the mouse to

it and left click.

When the update check finishes, shift tab to the ok button and press

spacebar or enter to click it.

At that point, the tab and shift tab keys magically come to life.

It's not the easiest program in the world to use, but it is usable, if

and only if you open it, move to another window and move back.  If you

don't do that, nothing works.

If you want to keep working with it, let me know and I'll give you

details on where everything is located.

George

On 1/25/2020 2:37 PM, brian wrote:

> This program is completely inaccessable.  I can't update it or scan or

> remove items found.  If I either tab or use arrow keys it says

> nothing.  This program is very good for removing tracking cookies but

> we can't use it.  My friend tried it with jaws and narator and got the

> same results as I did with nvda.  I am using 2019.3 bada 2 windows