Topics

Using Open audible

Val Temp <val.paul2005@...>

Hi!

I received an email from a friend telling me to try open audible, but as this friend has some sight, I have no idea if this is accessible with NVDA.

I have tried to use this program with jaws, but to no avail.

Can someone tell me if this is accessible with NVDA and how to use it?

Val.

Felix G.

Hi,
did a bit of research since the name of the program sounded
interesting. Looks shady to me though, so even if it were accessible
I'd be reluctant to use it.
Best,
Felix

Am So., 26. Jan. 2020 um 09:06 Uhr schrieb Val Temp <val.paul2005@...>:

Hi!

I received an email from a friend telling me to try open audible, but as
this friend has some sight, I have no idea if this is accessible with NVDA.

I have tried to use this program with jaws, but to no avail.

Can someone tell me if this is accessible with NVDA and how to use it?

Val.

Val Temp <val.paul2005@...>

Thanks.

When I tried it with Jaws, I kind of wondered.

On 26/01/2020 08:21, Felix G. wrote:
Hi,
did a bit of research since the name of the program sounded
interesting. Looks shady to me though, so even if it were accessible
I'd be reluctant to use it.
Best,
Felix

Am So., 26. Jan. 2020 um 09:06 Uhr schrieb Val Temp <val.paul2005@...>:
Hi!

I received an email from a friend telling me to try open audible, but as
this friend has some sight, I have no idea if this is accessible with NVDA.

I have tried to use this program with jaws, but to no avail.

Can someone tell me if this is accessible with NVDA and how to use it?

Val.

No, I've never used Open Audible. but, a bit of a shameless plug, Libro.FM allows you to buy DRM free, downloadable audiobooks, and gives you the option to support your local independent bookstore if desired. The team listened very closely to my feedback with NVDA and on mobile apps. I did the best I could without having an Android device, but they just released an IOS update that addresses a ton of VoiceOver navigational quirks. I consulted using NVDA but the site should work with JAWS. They loved my feedback so much they said, explicitly, they will hire me again when they have the budget to pay me again and to do a big batch of accessibility work, which is certainly on the roadmap. Gotta say, they payed me on time, and payed me via direct deposit, which was nice. They really want to adopt a culture of accessibility, even if it takes time to do so. My affiliate link is below. If you don't want a membership, buy any audiobook without the membership and the affiliate link will still work.

Affiliate link for monthly membership.

David Griffith

I looked at this and unfortunately it is only available in the USA as a membership so not really an option for those of us in the UK and elsewhere.

David Griffith