Topics

Recommendation for free or paid app to convert mp3 to text which is accessible with NVDA

Sim Kah Yong

Dear all, I have recording of lectures and speeches in MP3 files and I would like to transcribe them into text. Are there app to help me do that without me having to listen and transcribe manually? Of course, the program/app must be accessible. Sorry that this may be  off topic, you can reply me directly. Thank you so much.

Andrea Sherry

Perhaps off topic.
However you might try Switch from NCH software.
Andrea

On 27/01/2020 12:17 am, Sim Kah Yong wrote:
Dear all, I have recording of lectures and speeches in MP3 files and I would like to transcribe them into text. Are there app to help me do that without me having to listen and transcribe manually? Of course, the program/app must be accessible. Sorry that this may be  off topic, you can reply me directly. Thank you so much.

David Griffith

Unless things have dramatically changed with Switch - it is an Audio Conversion program and not an Mp3 speech recognition engine which is what is being sought here.

The only Accessible software that I am aware of that provided the functionality of converting mp3 recordings into text transcription was Dragon Naturally Speaking, but this was some time ago and it certainly was not free. I suspect that this functionality is still within the suite.

I notice that there are quite a lot of online tools which claim to help with this now but again I think most are charging for the service and I have no personal experience of using them.

David Griffith

.