NVDA Skype hot key not working

Luke Robinett

Hi folks,
First time asking a question here so feel free to direct me elsewhere if there’s a more appropriate venue for this topic. I did read the rules for what topics are permitted here and frankly the list of what not to post was lengthy and ambiguous so I’m a tad gun shy, but here goes. Lol.

According to the NVDA user guide, the Windows shortcut key for reviewing messages in a Skype conversation is NVDA+Control and a numeric key, based on how far back in the message history you want to review. I’m trying that here at work in Skype for Business and I don’t get anything. Has anyone had better luck getting this to work? I can still tab into the messages and use the arrow keys to review messages, so this isn’t a show stopper, but it would be nice to have a faster way of reviewing messages.
Thanks,
Luke

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Luke

I know that short cut worked on skype 7 but can not recall it after that There are other versions of skype like the app version found on a windows 10 machine you mostly tab fort that one and the desk top version as well which is 8.4 I think it is.

I use the alt + 1 key I think it is and alt + 2 keys etc mostly and quick navigation keys in this version. It is like the version you are using?

Gene nz

On 28/01/2020 7:23 am, Luke Robinett wrote:
[...]

Sarah k Alawami

If you don't get an answer subscribe to the skype english list where you will get help from about 500 people on the list. Most of us use skype with nvda and jaws and mac os, iOs and android.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 27 Jan 2020, at 10:23, Luke Robinett wrote:

[...]

P. Otter

hello, there is a hotkey to answer a call it is ctrl plus shift plus p
but remember, it works only when skype is on the front so you have to switch by pressing alt tab to skype and then that key works.
it's a pitty that it don't works in the system at all!
paul otter
[...]

.

By the way, something went wrong with Sarah's click-through link.  It was a mismash of the NVDA group address and the Skype English Groups.io main page that shows all of the e-mail addresses for that group.

Here it is, corrected:  Skype English.   It's great to know that there is a venue that's explicitly intended for Skype users who are also screen reader users.

       ~ Madonna