Which version should I install?

Grant Metcalf

Greetings to all,
I am moving over to
NVDA from WindowEyes and could use advice on which version to install.
I am using a 32 bit PC running Windows 7. I have no plans to advance to a later version of Windows. I have a HIMS Braille Edge display connected to my Windows 7 PC as well as the HIMS Polaris notetaker which also could serve as a possible display.
What other information might be helpful in choosing the best version of NVDA?

Thanks for your help!

Grant Metcalf (also known as) Grandpa DOS
Phone: (650) 589-6890
California USA

The answer is fairly simple here. Install 2017.4 when it comes out. Keep updating until you can't do so.

On 11/30/2017 8:52 PM, Grant Metcalf wrote:
Greetings to all,
I am moving over to
NVDA from WindowEyes and could use advice on which version to install.
I am using a 32 bit PC running Windows 7. I have no plans to advance to a later version of Windows. I have a HIMS Braille Edge display connected to my Windows 7 PC as well as the HIMS Polaris notetaker which also could serve as a possible display.
What other information might be helpful in choosing the best version of NVDA?

Thanks for your help!

Grant Metcalf (also known as) Grandpa DOS
Phone: (650) 589-6890
California USA

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

the latest version of nvda that is stable is 2017.3

At present there has been 3 releases of NVDA 2017.4 and the latest been rc3.

If there are no bugs found in this RC release the 2017.4 release will hopefully be out next week.

Have you already grabbed a copy of nvda? i am guessing you have because you are on the list.

Gene nz

On 12/1/2017 2:52 PM, Grant Metcalf wrote:
Greetings to all,
I am moving over to
NVDA from WindowEyes and could use advice on which version to install.
I am using a 32 bit PC running Windows 7. I have no plans to advance to a later version of Windows. I have a HIMS Braille Edge display connected to my Windows 7 PC as well as the HIMS Polaris notetaker which also could serve as a possible display.
What other information might be helpful in choosing the best version of NVDA?

Thanks for your help!

Grant Metcalf (also known as) Grandpa DOS
Phone: (650) 589-6890
California USA

hello.
nvda 2015.3, 2015.4, 2016.1, i did not have issues in slowness, hang
or crash using them.
also the previous versions i did not have such problems using them.
2017.1 is great, but 2017.3 is the best version forever for me.
God bless you all!

On 12/1/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:
[...]

Email: the.gems@att.net<mailto:the.gems@att.net>
Phone: (650) 589-6890
California USA

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'd go for the 2017.3 at present. I've been using this with Windows 7 for ages. More to the point really it depends to some extent on what software you use a lot of course. If Window Eyes works still on some software, do not uninstall it merely just let it stay but not active till you need it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

NVDA from WindowEyes and could use advice on which version to install.
I am using a 32 bit PC running Windows 7. I have no plans to advance to a later version of Windows. I have a HIMS Braille Edge display connected to my Windows 7 PC as well as the HIMS Polaris notetaker which also could serve as a possible display.
What other information might be helpful in choosing the best version of NVDA?

Thanks for your help!

Grant Metcalf (also known as) Grandpa DOS
Email: the.gems@att.net
Phone: (650) 589-6890
California USA

Tony Ballou

Hi,

I believe you can use the current  version of NVDA which is version 17.03 without any hitches. The release candidate for version 17.04 is also available however, to keep things safe version 17.03 should suffice.

Tony

On 11/30/2017 8:52 PM, Grant Metcalf wrote:
Greetings to all,
I am moving over to
NVDA from WindowEyes and could use advice on which version to install.
I am using a 32 bit PC running Windows 7. I have no plans to advance to a later version of Windows. I have a HIMS Braille Edge display connected to my Windows 7 PC as well as the HIMS Polaris notetaker which also could serve as a possible display.
What other information might be helpful in choosing the best version of NVDA?

Thanks for your help!

Grant Metcalf (also known as) Grandpa DOS
Phone: (650) 589-6890
California USA

matthew dyer

Hi,

NVDA 2017.3 should work for you.  2017.4 is on rc3 currently.  I  think you should be fifnd for now.  I have 2017.3 and it works for me.  HTH.

Matthew

On 11/30/2017 8:52 PM, Grant Metcalf wrote:
Greetings to all,
I am moving over to
NVDA from WindowEyes and could use advice on which version to install.
I am using a 32 bit PC running Windows 7. I have no plans to advance to a later version of Windows. I have a HIMS Braille Edge display connected to my Windows 7 PC as well as the HIMS Polaris notetaker which also could serve as a possible display.
What other information might be helpful in choosing the best version of NVDA?

Thanks for your help!

Grant Metcalf (also known as) Grandpa DOS
Phone: (650) 589-6890
California USA

Stan Bobbitt

Hello, you said, “NVDA …2017.4 is on rc3…” What is rc3?

Thanks,

Stan B

NVDA 2017.3 should work for you.  2017.4 is on rc3 currently.  I  think you should be fifnd for now.  I have 2017.3 and it works for me.  HTH.

Matthew

On 11/30/2017 8:52 PM, Grant Metcalf wrote:

Greetings to all,

I am moving over to
NVDA from WindowEyes and could use advice on which version to install.

I am using a 32 bit PC running Windows 7. I have no plans to advance to a later version of Windows. I have a HIMS Braille Edge display connected to my Windows 7 PC as well as the HIMS Polaris notetaker which also could serve as a possible display.

What other information might be helpful in choosing the best version of NVDA?

Thanks for your help!

Grant Metcalf (also known as) Grandpa DOS

Email: the.gems@...

Phone: (650) 589-6890

California USA

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Stan

RC3 stands for release candidate version 3. This is the release candidate branch. It contains code which is undergoing final quality control before an official release is made.

Robert Mendoza