From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, 13 February 2020 12:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] questions for Newest nvda update.

Also, make sure you have restarted the computer after updating.  Sometimes random things misbehave in that interim time.

With Clipspeak, it has been updated, you can download the new version from: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 8:29 PM Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:

Christo, am going to ask a silly question here, since just tested out exactly that, and, it worked fine.

What voice engine are you using?  Ask that, since, the MS one core voices will just read out, for example, the letter E with an accent on it as E, but, using eSpeak-NG, it tells me the difference between e and é (that second one is e-acute, typed right now using alt + numpad-130).

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-02-13 11:17 AM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi List

I have another problem since I upgraded to NVDA 2019.3.

In Afrikaans we regularly make use of the ASCII codes for ‘accents’, ‘pounds’, ‘euros’ and much more.

To access the ASCII codes, we use the ALT-key plus the numeric keypad. I did everything, as I usually did, turned on the numeric-keypad, held down ALT and typed the number sequence.

Nothing happened. I tried it several times, with no success. Previously NVDA read the coded letter.

I also, previously wrote regarding the addon announcing copy and paste. I tried to update the addon, with no success. Can someone please hel?

Regards

On 2020-02-13 01:26 PM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi

At the time I posted my question regarding the ASCII-code, I used the one core voices. I tried it with SAPPI5 as well, and they also don’t sy anything else but, eg, e.

I accept that ESpeak NG might say the correct letter, but, call me full of nonsense, I haven’t found one of the ESpek NG voices that satisfy me.

I used to use Eloquence.

I suppose, if I don’t want to use the ESpeak voices, I just have to bare with what I have.

It would be nice if the NVDA developers could try to solve this problem in a next upgrade.

Regarding “copy and paste:, wouldn’t it be possible to make that add-on a built-in feature of NVDA?

Regards

And, with regard to NVDA Remote and NVDA 2019.3.X, quoting Rui Fontes from earlier today:

Almost all add-ons are already compatible with NVDA 2019.3...

You can get a beta version of remote add-on at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oswq834340ocd4c/Remote.nvda-addon?dl=1

       ~ Madonna

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Christo Vorster

Hi Quentin

Thanks for all the answers.

I think that I will have to change the pronunciation in NVDA.

thanks again

And, with regard to NVDA Remote and NVDA 2019.3.X, quoting Rui Fontes from earlier today:

Almost all add-ons are already compatible with NVDA 2019.3...

You can get a beta version of remote add-on at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oswq834340ocd4c/Remote.nvda-addon?dl=1

       ~ Madonna

Quentin Christensen

The official NVDARemote 2.3 is now available for NVDA 2019.3:  https://nvdaremote.com/download/

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 3:51 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 01:54 AM, Adriani Botez wrote:
Please think seriously to either integrate remote into nvda or overtake the addon and maintain it at nv access.
And this has been discussed, and announced as the future direction, as many times as it's been complained about recently.   The need has been recognized, but one has to set priorities, and getting the core product launched using Python 3 comes (or, now came) first.

Anyone needing NVDA Remote at the moment should not update to NVDA 2019.3.X.

       ~ Madonna

--
[...]

Hi Group

I have a question regarding NVDA 2019.3.

I read the message regarding the incompatibale adons. Where can I go to update the NVDA Global Extension?

I’ll appreciate help.

Regards

Christo Vorster (Worcester South-Africa)