Topics

questions for Newest nvda update.

Christo Vorster

Hi Quentin

Thanks, all my problems are solved, at the moment. I hope it stays that way.

Regards

Christo Vorster (Worcester, south Africa)

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, 13 February 2020 12:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] questions for Newest nvda update.

Also, make sure you have restarted the computer after updating.  Sometimes random things misbehave in that interim time.

With Clipspeak, it has been updated, you can download the new version from: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 8:29 PM Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:

Christo, am going to ask a silly question here, since just tested out exactly that, and, it worked fine.

What voice engine are you using?  Ask that, since, the MS one core voices will just read out, for example, the letter E with an accent on it as E, but, using eSpeak-NG, it tells me the difference between e and é (that second one is e-acute, typed right now using alt + numpad-130).

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2020-02-13 11:17 AM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi List

I have another problem since I upgraded to NVDA 2019.3.

In Afrikaans we regularly make use of the ASCII codes for ‘accents’, ‘pounds’, ‘euros’ and much more.

To access the ASCII codes, we use the ALT-key plus the numeric keypad. I did everything, as I usually did, turned on the numeric-keypad, held down ALT and typed the number sequence.

Nothing happened. I tried it several times, with no success. Previously NVDA read the coded letter.

I also, previously wrote regarding the addon announcing copy and paste. I tried to update the addon, with no success. Can someone please hel?

Regards

Christo Vorster (Worcester, South Africa)

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, 11 February 2020 18:55

And, with regard to NVDA Remote and NVDA 2019.3.X, quoting Rui Fontes from earlier today:

Almost all add-ons are already compatible with NVDA 2019.3...

You can get a beta version of remote add-on at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oswq834340ocd4c/Remote.nvda-addon?dl=1

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

~ Madonna

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Christo Vorster

Hi Jacob

I tend to agree, on all counts.

Quentin madesome suggestions, I wil try them out.

Have a nice day

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Thursday, 13 February 2020 14:12

Christo, my guess is this comes down to it not being that NVDA is causing the hassles here?

But, on the other hand, it's possible that this could relate to a form of dictionary entry that's changed across versions, or something, relating to different voice implementations?

Who knows - not me.

But, on that note, just added a voice-specific dictionary entry for an MS voice to pronounce e-acute as just that = E acute, and, it seemed to work when I then typed the character, while working with MS George?

And, on a total side note, I, on the other hand, have always preferred robotic voices when it comes to technological interaction...LOL!

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

On 2020-02-13 01:26 PM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi

At the time I posted my question regarding the ASCII-code, I used the one core voices. I tried it with SAPPI5 as well, and they also don’t sy anything else but, eg, e.

I accept that ESpeak NG might say the correct letter, but, call me full of nonsense, I haven’t found one of the ESpek NG voices that satisfy me.

I used to use Eloquence.

I suppose, if I don’t want to use the ESpeak voices, I just have to bare with what I have.

It would be nice if the NVDA developers could try to solve this problem in a next upgrade.

Regarding “copy and paste:, wouldn’t it be possible to make that add-on a built-in feature of NVDA?

Regards

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen

Also, make sure you have restarted the computer after updating.  Sometimes random things misbehave in that interim time.

With Clipspeak, it has been updated, you can download the new version from: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Kind regards

Quentin.

Christo, am going to ask a silly question here, since just tested out exactly that, and, it worked fine.

What voice engine are you using?  Ask that, since, the MS one core voices will just read out, for example, the letter E with an accent on it as E, but, using eSpeak-NG, it tells me the difference between e and é (that second one is e-acute, typed right now using alt + numpad-130).

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hi List

In Afrikaans we regularly make use of the ASCII codes for ‘accents’, ‘pounds’, ‘euros’ and much more.

To access the ASCII codes, we use the ALT-key plus the numeric keypad. I did everything, as I usually did, turned on the numeric-keypad, held down ALT and typed the number sequence.

Nothing happened. I tried it several times, with no success. Previously NVDA read the coded letter.

I also, previously wrote regarding the addon announcing copy and paste. I tried to update the addon, with no success. Can someone please hel?

Regards

And, with regard to NVDA Remote and NVDA 2019.3.X, quoting Rui Fontes from earlier today:

--

~ Madonna

--

Quentin Christensen

Jacob Kruger

Christo, my guess is this comes down to it not being that NVDA is causing the hassles here?

But, on the other hand, it's possible that this could relate to a form of dictionary entry that's changed across versions, or something, relating to different voice implementations?

Who knows - not me.

But, on that note, just added a voice-specific dictionary entry for an MS voice to pronounce e-acute as just that = E acute, and, it seemed to work when I then typed the character, while working with MS George?

And, on a total side note, I, on the other hand, have always preferred robotic voices when it comes to technological interaction...LOL!

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

On 2020-02-13 01:26 PM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi

At the time I posted my question regarding the ASCII-code, I used the one core voices. I tried it with SAPPI5 as well, and they also don’t sy anything else but, eg, e.

I accept that ESpeak NG might say the correct letter, but, call me full of nonsense, I haven’t found one of the ESpek NG voices that satisfy me.

I used to use Eloquence.

I suppose, if I don’t want to use the ESpeak voices, I just have to bare with what I have.

It would be nice if the NVDA developers could try to solve this problem in a next upgrade.

Regarding “copy and paste:, wouldn’t it be possible to make that add-on a built-in feature of NVDA?

Regards

Kind regards

Quentin.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hi List

Regards

--

~ Madonna

--

Quentin Christensen

Christo Vorster

Hi Quentin

Thanks for all the answers.

I think that I will have to change the pronunciation in NVDA.

thanks again

Sent: Thursday, 13 February 2020 13:47

You can get Eloquence for NVDA, which works with 2019.3:  https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/

I must admit, I don't know how it handles accented characters etc, but you can try the demo and check.

The fact that it works with eSpeak NG and not OneCore, indicates it is an issue with the OneCore voices rather than NVDA itself.  I'd suggest raising that with the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/disability-answer-desk

I just tried it with Microsoft SAPI 5 voices, and they read é as "e with acute".

If it is a specific set of characters, the other thing you can do is open NVDA's "punctuation / Symbol pronunciation" settings (NVDA+N, then P for preferences, then choose "punctuation / Symbol pronunciation", add an entry for each character, and what you would like to have said for it.

Re ClipSpeak, the reason we haven't added it in to core, is primarily that there is no definitive way to know that something has been cut, copied, pasted, etc.  The way the add-on works is by checking what else is going on, what is selected or on the clipboard now etc, and making an educated guess.  It does a fairly good job, but it is still a guess, and we'd rather not present something we are not sure about.  I'm also not sure if there are any performance impacts from the add-on.  I didn't notice any last time I used it, but I have a fairly fast machine and didn't rigorously test it.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:26 PM Christo Vorster <christo.vorster.klavierstem@...> wrote:

Hi

I used to use Eloquence.

Regards

Kind regards

Quentin.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hi List

Regards

--

~ Madonna

--

Quentin Christensen

--

Quentin Christensen

Quentin Christensen

You can get Eloquence for NVDA, which works with 2019.3:  https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/

I must admit, I don't know how it handles accented characters etc, but you can try the demo and check.

The fact that it works with eSpeak NG and not OneCore, indicates it is an issue with the OneCore voices rather than NVDA itself.  I'd suggest raising that with the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/disability-answer-desk

I just tried it with Microsoft SAPI 5 voices, and they read é as "e with acute".

If it is a specific set of characters, the other thing you can do is open NVDA's "punctuation / Symbol pronunciation" settings (NVDA+N, then P for preferences, then choose "punctuation / Symbol pronunciation", add an entry for each character, and what you would like to have said for it.

Re ClipSpeak, the reason we haven't added it in to core, is primarily that there is no definitive way to know that something has been cut, copied, pasted, etc.  The way the add-on works is by checking what else is going on, what is selected or on the clipboard now etc, and making an educated guess.  It does a fairly good job, but it is still a guess, and we'd rather not present something we are not sure about.  I'm also not sure if there are any performance impacts from the add-on.  I didn't notice any last time I used it, but I have a fairly fast machine and didn't rigorously test it.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:26 PM Christo Vorster <christo.vorster.klavierstem@...> wrote:

Hi

I used to use Eloquence.

Regards

Kind regards

Quentin.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hi List

Regards

--

~ Madonna

--

Quentin Christensen

--
Quentin Christensen

Christo Vorster

Hi

I used to use Eloquence.

Regards

Kind regards

Quentin.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hi List

Regards

--

~ Madonna

--

Quentin Christensen

Quentin Christensen

Kind regards

Quentin.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hi List

Regards

--

~ Madonna

--
Quentin Christensen

Jacob Kruger

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hi List

Regards

--

~ Madonna

Christo Vorster

Hi List

Regards

--

~ Madonna

Quentin Christensen

The official NVDARemote 2.3 is now available for NVDA 2019.3:  https://nvdaremote.com/download/

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 3:51 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 01:54 AM, Adriani Botez wrote:
Please think seriously to either integrate remote into nvda or overtake the addon and maintain it at nv access.
And this has been discussed, and announced as the future direction, as many times as it's been complained about recently.   The need has been recognized, but one has to set priorities, and getting the core product launched using Python 3 comes (or, now came) first.

Anyone needing NVDA Remote at the moment should not update to NVDA 2019.3.X.

--

~ Madonna

--
Quentin Christensen

--

~ Madonna

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 01:54 AM, Adriani Botez wrote:
Please think seriously to either integrate remote into nvda or overtake the addon and maintain it at nv access.
And this has been discussed, and announced as the future direction, as many times as it's been complained about recently.   The need has been recognized, but one has to set priorities, and getting the core product launched using Python 3 comes (or, now came) first.

Anyone needing NVDA Remote at the moment should not update to NVDA 2019.3.X.

--

~ Madonna

Christo Vorster

Hi Group

I have a question regarding NVDA 2019.3.

I read the message regarding the incompatibale adons. Where can I go to update the NVDA Global Extension?

I’ll appreciate help.

Regards

Christo Vorster (Worcester South-Africa)

Sent: Tuesday, 11 February 2020 07:14
Cc: nvda@groups.io

Hi Andrew,

There will be an update for NVDA Remote, I don't know exactly when that will be out however.

For Eloquence, if you go to https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/ and under the "Get the app" link the first download (the beta version) is the one which is compatible with 2019.3.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 4:03 PM Andrew Martinez <Andrewmartinez415019@...> wrote:

Greedings to the Nvda community, was wondering if there will be an update for the nvdaremote addon, and eloquence addon?

Thank you for any information.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--

Quentin Christensen

Adriani Botez

Hey guys,

Please think seriously to either integrate remote into nvda or overtake the addon and maintain it at nv access. It‘s such a mess with this addon... No feedback from developers, no clear statement on its future elopment, nothing. We get a lot of user complaints and reports in every community worldwide. There are so many people impacted by this...

And by the way, the unicorn product would be much easier to promote if at least the remote addon was part of Nvda.

Best
Adriani
evdev

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 11.02.2020 um 06:14 schrieb Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>:

Hi Andrew,

There will be an update for NVDA Remote, I don't know exactly when that will be out however.

For Eloquence, if you go to https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/ and under the "Get the app" link the first download (the beta version) is the one which is compatible with 2019.3.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 4:03 PM Andrew Martinez <Andrewmartinez415019@...> wrote:

Greedings to the Nvda community, was wondering if there will be an update for the nvdaremote addon, and eloquence addon?

--
Quentin Christensen

Arlene

Okay thanks. I’ll go get good old clip speak.

Sent: February 10, 2020 10:02 PM

According to  https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html

Clipspeak has been updated, and Audio themes is in the process of being updated.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 4:53 PM Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

Hi list. Is there any updates to clipspeak and audio themes?

Sent: February 10, 2020 9:03 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] questions for Newest nvda update.

--

Quentin Christensen

Quentin Christensen

According to  https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html
Clipspeak has been updated, and Audio themes is in the process of being updated.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 4:53 PM Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

--
Quentin Christensen

Arlene

Quentin Christensen

Hi Andrew,

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen