Topics

how to enable hidden files in Windows 10

Robert Mendoza

Hoping could guide me how to enable the hidden files in the File explorer

I appreciate your respond. Thanks.

Rui Fontes

If you have Windows 10, press the Windows key and type File explorer...

Explore the options...

I can't give you better explanations since my Windows is in portuguese...

Rui Fontes

Às 00:00 de 14/02/2020, Robert Mendoza escreveu:

Hoping could guide me how to enable the hidden files in the File explorer

I appreciate your respond. Thanks.

Pramit

Hi Robert

In File Explorer go to View and then scroll right to the Show/Hide box and in that you can check / un-check the Hidden Item as per your request.

Hope this helps!

Pramit

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 5:30 AM Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Hoping could guide me how to enable the hidden files in the File explorer

I appreciate your respond. Thanks.

Chris Mullins

Hi
Open File Explorer
Press the alt key to open the menu bar, then use left arrow to move to
the "File tab
Arrow down to "Options Change settings for opening items, file and
folder views and search" and press enter
In the dialog that opens press Control+tab to move to the "view" tab
Press tab once to move to the "Advanced Settings" treeview
Navigate the treeview with up/down arrows, use spacebar to
check/uncheck settings, one of which is for hiding/showing hidden
files and folders
When done tab toOK button and press enter.

Note Your User account may require administrator privileges to use this feature.

Cheers
Chris

--
Cheers
Chris

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

For future reference it shows the hot keys for getting there  and it’s a lot faster

Press  alt+f o opens  folder options

******

If we can't look at ourselves, and ask, why?  then where does the learning start?

Press the alt key to open the menu bar, then use left arrow to move to

the "File tab

Arrow down to "Options Change settings for opening items, file and

folder views and search" and press enter

In the dialog that opens press Control+tab to move to the "view" tab

Press tab once to move to the "Advanced Settings" treeview

Navigate the treeview with up/down arrows, use spacebar to

check/uncheck settings, one of which is for hiding/showing hidden

files and folders

When done tab toOK button and press enter.

Note Your User account may require administrator privileges to use this feature.

Cheers

Chris

On 14/02/2020, Pramit <PRAMIT.VISION@...> wrote:

> Hi Robert

> In File Explorer go to View and then scroll right to the Show/Hide box and

> in that you can check / un-check the Hidden Item as per your request.

> Hope this helps!

> Pramit

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 5:30 AM Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...>

> wrote:

>> Hoping could guide me how to enable the hidden files in the File explorer

>> I appreciate your respond. Thanks.

--

Cheers

    Chris

And for the record, what one does to show/hide hidden files has remained the same for a very, very long time now.  It didn't change under Windows 10 one iota.

Control Panel, File Explorer Options, View Tab, and activate either the Show hidden files, folders, and drives radio button or its Don't show sibling.

       ~ Madonna

Keith Eldridge

Open file explorer by holding down the Windows key and pressing the E key. Then hold down the ALT key and press the V key and finally press the H key twice. This acts as a toggle and will turn it on if it is off and off if it is on.

Regards

Keith Eldridge
Co-ordinator for IT for Visually Impaired
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE EASTBOURNE

Disclaimer: East Sussex College Group accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in this e-mail nor for its use or misuse nor for any act committed or omitted in connection with this communication. If in doubt, please verify the authenticity of the contents with the sender.

Confidentiality: The contents of this email are confidential to the sender and intended recipient. It may also be privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. It is important that you should not disclose its contents to any other person or copy it for your own or others use.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 09:47 AM, Keith Eldridge wrote:
Open file explorer by holding down the Windows key and pressing the E key. Then hold down the ALT key and press the V key and finally press the H key twice. This acts as a toggle and will turn it on if it is off and off if it is on.
Just curious, does doing it this way make the change apply globally to all files and folders or just to the one that you're viewing at the time?  I see all the controls you've mentioned, but have not used this technique, always going the File Options dialog in Control Panel instead.

       ~ Madonna

Keith Eldridge

Hi Brian,

It has same effect as going into folder options and view tab. If you set it using shortcut keys and then go into the options the other way you will find it set in there and if you set or unset in folder option you would find the ribbon option checked or unckecked accordingly.

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Huh? I never did it hrough control panel. I went hrough tools, folder options and control tab once. Then tabbed to the tree view and checked show hidden files etc.

to subscribe to the feed click here

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page