Topics

Editing of Windows onecore voices

Gene

I see you already know about the One Core Dictionary.  Any synthesizer specific dictionary only affects that specific synthesizer.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Editing of Windows onecore voices

Can I add simviation some how to the 1core dictionary and not have it blow up any other synths I use, that's the only set of voices that cannot pronounce simviation correctly

By the way to know what that is google simviation's website. Anyway, my question still stand, I hope I can do this as we had a fun fight on twitch as I thought theeperson was spelling it wrong lol!

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 17 Feb 2020, at 9:28, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 11:48 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
cimviation
I can't find that word in any dictionary, but that's beside the point, as there's lots of jargon that doesn't appear in many general purpose dictionaries.

I can't think of a single synthesizer that pronounces everything correctly.  And that's but one of the reasons for the dictionary feature of most screen readers where you can substitute some phonetic spelling that, somehow, the synthesizer does produce correctly that's unrelated to the actual spelling of a given word.  I've had to do trial and error until I found a letter pattern that gave me the actual pronunciation I wanted for a low frequency word.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

~ Madonna

Gene

You'd have to try.  We don't know how you are spelling the corrected spelling if you are using the default dictionary.  But NVDA has a voice specific dictionary.  You can correct the pronounciation using the dictionary for that specific ssynthesizer.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Editing of Windows onecore voices

Can I add simviation some how to the 1core dictionary and not have it blow up any other synths I use, that's the only set of voices that cannot pronounce simviation correctly

By the way to know what that is google simviation's website. Anyway, my question still stand, I hope I can do this as we had a fun fight on twitch as I thought theeperson was spelling it wrong lol!

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

cimviation
I can't find that word in any dictionary, but that's beside the point, as there's lots of jargon that doesn't appear in many general purpose dictionaries.

I can't think of a single synthesizer that pronounces everything correctly.  And that's but one of the reasons for the dictionary feature of most screen readers where you can substitute some phonetic spelling that, somehow, the synthesizer does produce correctly that's unrelated to the actual spelling of a given word.  I've had to do trial and error until I found a letter pattern that gave me the actual pronunciation I wanted for a low frequency word.

--

~ Madonna

Sarah k Alawami

I'll have to rtfm a bit when I feel 100 percent better. I'm kicking a head cold in the head, but yeah I will def fix simviation. Lol!

On 17 Feb 2020, at 13:36, Brian Vogel wrote:

Using the voice dictionary limits the pronunciation change to the synth & voice being used when the entry is made, if memory serves.  Contrast this with the speech dictionary which makes the substitution for all synths.

--

~ Madonna

Using the voice dictionary limits the pronunciation change to the synth & voice being used when the entry is made, if memory serves.  Contrast this with the speech dictionary which makes the substitution for all synths.

--

~ Madonna

Sarah k Alawami

cimviation

--

~ Madonna

John Isige

Also, assuming she's talking about the flight simulator thingy, it's
simviation, with an 's', not a 'c'. OneCore pronounces the version
starting with an 's' correctly. It does indeed pronounce the version
with a 'c' pretty strangely, I'm honestly curious what processing makes
it do that because it makes no sense. But it's probably due to a
misspelling anyway, and if it's not, yes, dictionaries. NVDA even uses
synthesizer-specific ones for exactly this sort of situation.

On 2/17/2020 11:28, Brian Vogel wrote:

cimviation

I can't find that word in any dictionary, but that's beside the point,
as there's lots of jargon that doesn't appear in many general purpose
dictionaries.

I can't think of a single synthesizer that pronounces everything
correctly.  And that's but one of the reasons for the dictionary
feature of most screen readers where you can substitute some phonetic
spelling that, somehow, the synthesizer does produce correctly that's
unrelated to the actual spelling of a given word.  I've had to do
trial and error until I found a letter pattern that gave me the actual
pronunciation I wanted for a low frequency word.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

~ Madonna

cimviation

--

~ Madonna

Sarah k Alawami

I'm actually thinking of submittin gfeedback as one core cannot prounce cimviation. They all say it as simviatushin. Or something like that. How? I dunno. Lol!

On 16 Feb 2020, at 22:15, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi Marco,

You'll need to put your feedback in to Microsoft - the OneCore voices are built into Windows, NVDA just accesses them, it doesn't control how OneCore voices adjust pronunciation etc.  You could talk to the Disabilitry Answer Desk at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/disability-answer-desk

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 8:33 PM Marco Oros <marco.oros93@...> wrote:
Hello.

MS Speech mobile isn't compatible for this version. I have one pleasure
to developers of NVDA.

Please, could You edit Windows Onecore to same things, as MS Speech
mobile, for example to correct pronunciation of letters and also, names
of voices viewing, as name of voice and language. Also, there is problem
with sorting of voices, because voices are sorted randomly.

Please, could You look on It?

Thank You.

best regards

Marco Oros

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Hi Marco,

You'll need to put your feedback in to Microsoft - the OneCore voices are built into Windows, NVDA just accesses them, it doesn't control how OneCore voices adjust pronunciation etc.  You could talk to the Disabilitry Answer Desk at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/disability-answer-desk

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 8:33 PM Marco Oros <marco.oros93@...> wrote:
Hello.

MS Speech mobile isn't compatible for this version. I have one pleasure
to developers of NVDA.

Please, could You edit Windows Onecore to same things, as MS Speech
mobile, for example to correct pronunciation of letters and also, names
of voices viewing, as name of voice and language. Also, there is problem
with sorting of voices, because voices are sorted randomly.

Thank You.

best regards

Marco Oros

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Marco Oros

Hello.

MS Speech mobile isn't compatible for this version. I have one pleasure to developers of NVDA.

Please, could You edit Windows Onecore to same things, as MS Speech mobile, for example to correct pronunciation of letters and also, names of voices viewing, as name of voice and language. Also, there is problem with sorting of voices, because voices are sorted randomly.

Thank You.

best regards

Marco Oros