I have this issue with three Chromium based browsers; Google Chrome,
Brave and the new Ms Edge.

George

On 2/19/2020 9:33 AM, Gene wrote:
There is no reason to not have access to the field you are working
with. Simply issue the command NVDA key f5 and the page will
refresh. When you alt tab away, then alt tab back, you are refreshing
the page in the browse mode buffer. That is exactly what NVDA key f5
does, but much more conveniently.
*From:* George McCoy <mailto:slr1bpz@...>
*Sent:* Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:34 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] screen not refreshing on certain sites

Gary,

I think you are, indeed, on the edit box. Try this.

Press nvda plus space bar to turn on browse mode, then type the
information you want in the edit box.

I have the same issue on several sites' login screens and the above
works for me every time.

Hth,

George

On 2/17/2020 6:04 PM, Gary wrote:
Just now reading this topic. This is also occurring for me, and it
started with the update to 2019.03.01. A great example in Chrome is
in www.easychirp.com <http://www.easychirp.com>. When clicking
"Reply" to respond to a tweet, the edit box doesn't show up until I
switch tabs away from the page, then switch back.

Gary

George McCoy

NVDA plus F5 does not always work for me, but forcing browse mode with nvda plus spacebar works every time.  Your mileage may vary.

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:34 AM

Gary,

I think you are, indeed, on the edit box.  Try this.

Press nvda plus space bar to turn on browse mode, then type the information you want in the edit box.

I have the same issue on several sites' login screens and the above works for me every time.

Hth,

George

On 2/17/2020 6:04 PM, Gary wrote:
Just now reading this topic.  This is also occurring for me, and it started with the update to 2019.03.01.  A great example in Chrome is in www.easychirp.com.  When clicking "Reply" to respond to a tweet, the edit box doesn't show up until I switch tabs away from the page, then switch back.

Gary

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:34 AM

On 2/17/2020 6:04 PM, Gary wrote:
Just now reading this topic.  This is also occurring for me, and it started with the update to 2019.03.01.  A great example in Chrome is in www.easychirp.com.  When clicking "Reply" to respond to a tweet, the edit box doesn't show up until I switch tabs away from the page, then switch back.

Gary

Gary

Just now reading this topic.  This is also occurring for me, and it started with the update to 2019.03.01.  A great example in Chrome is in www.easychirp.com.  When clicking "Reply" to respond to a tweet, the edit box doesn't show up until I switch tabs away from the page, then switch back.

Gary

Scott Berry

I also have this problem.

On 2/15/2020 6:09 AM, Darren Harris via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi all,

I’m having an issue that I don’t quite know how to solve.

On some sites, audible being the chief, whenever I try making changes to a given page it doesn’t seem to refresh properproperly unless I alt tab out of it then alt tab back in.

This was happening before the update but I can’t seem to find how you stop it.

Can someone please help?

Many thanks.

--
Scott Berry
Medical Office Assistant

Gene

It’s a bug.  When you enter information into a form, the page refreshes in the browse mode cursor.  If it didn't, you would have to manually refresh it every time you enter information using browse mode.

I don't know what NVDA does if a page automatically refreshes.