Topics

NVDA/Jaws

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

If I have to switch to Jaws to tandem someone when I return to NVDA it feels very sluggish and I have to reboot my pc for it to be normal again. has anyone else had this experience?
******
Something to think about, Since God has forgiven it, who are you to keep picking it back up!

Cecelia Rodriguez

You can use NVDA remote you know.

On Feb 17, 2020, at 11:55 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:

If I have to switch to Jaws to tandem someone when I return to NVDA it feels very sluggish and I have to reboot my pc for it to be normal again. has anyone else had this experience?
******
Something to think about, Since God has forgiven it, who are you to keep picking it back up!

Daniel Hawkins

Hmm, have you restarted NVDA. Is NVDA slow, or the computer? Could be JAWS doing that.
Daniel Hawkins
Check out my website: iabilityi.com

On Feb 17, 2020, at 1:16 PM, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...> wrote:

You can use NVDA remote you know.

On Feb 17, 2020, at 11:55 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:

If I have to switch to Jaws to tandem someone when I return to NVDA it feels very sluggish and I have to reboot my pc for it to be normal again. has anyone else had this experience?
******
Something to think about, Since God has forgiven it, who are you to keep picking it back up!

Jason White

No, I haven’t experienced this, and I’ve switched between NVDA and JAWS on multiple systems.

Could it be related to Tandem? Are you sure that you’re terminating JAWS properly before starting NVDA? It’s Insert-F4 to exit JAWS; Insert-Q to exit NVDA.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...>
Date: Monday, February 17, 2020 at 11:55
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] NVDA/Jaws

If I have to switch to Jaws to tandem someone when I return to NVDA it feels very sluggish and I have to reboot my pc for it to be normal again. has anyone else had this experience?

******
Something to think about, Since God has forgiven it, who are you to keep picking it back up!

Daniel Hawkins

I have not done JAWS tandem in a while. But when I do I switch back toNVDA and never had an issue. Do you have the NVDDA 2019.3.1 update?

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...>
Date: Monday, February 17, 2020 at 11:55
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

If I have to switch to Jaws to tandem someone when I return to NVDA it feels very sluggish and I have to reboot my pc for it to be normal again. has anyone else had this experience?
******
Something to think about, Since God has forgiven it, who are you to keep picking it back up!

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

yep, and what is really strange is that I installed NVDA on the client pc along with remote. then I switched to NVDA after disconnecting the tandem. As long as I was working on the client pc everyting seemed fine. when I disconnected my pc started dragging. I had to reboot to get back to normal.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...>
Date: Monday, February 17, 2020 at 11:55
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
If I have to switch to Jaws to tandem someone when I return to NVDA it feels very sluggish and I have to reboot my pc for it to be normal again. has anyone else had this experience?
******
Something to think about, Since God has forgiven it, who are you to keep picking it back up!

Daniel Hawkins

lol, you do what I do. If they have JAWS. I use tandem to install NVDA, then we use NVDA remote for training. All great minds think alike.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...>
Date: Monday, February 17, 2020 at 11:55
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>