Topics

Web pages not being refreshed

Don H

I believe that I am not the only one having problems with web pages not refreshing when using the latest version of NVDA and Google chrome.
Would it be possible for someone to create a NVDA addon to resolve this issue?

I don't think an add-on is needed. Something is misfiring in either Chrome or NVDA. It should also be noted that the same occurs in Microsoft Edge, the most recent version. I no longer use the development version. Therefore, I cannot speak to what is going on with that version.

On 2/24/2020 2:03 PM, Don H wrote:
I believe that I am not the only one having problems with web pages not refreshing when using the latest version of NVDA and Google chrome.
Would it be possible for someone to create a NVDA addon to resolve this issue?

Rui Fontes

Just press NVDA+F5 to refresh...

Rui Fontes

On 2/24/2020 2:03 PM, Don H wrote:
I believe that I am not the only one having problems with web pages not refreshing when using the latest version of NVDA and Google chrome.
Would it be possible for someone to create a NVDA addon to resolve this issue?

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi don

A ticket has been created and you can comment or add a log etc.

Below is from the email and link to the ticket.

This was from one of the developers on the list.

Sorry folks, I haven't been ignoring those who have reported this to me directly.  We've had a few reports of this, and I can recreate it myself.  I hadn't yet created an issue, I was trying to investigate exactly what was going on with it.  In the meantime, someone else has created https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/10801 which seems as good a place as any to record any more info on this issue (feel free to comment on that issue if you can add any technical info, a log, etc).

Gene nz

On 2/24/2020 2:03 PM, Don H wrote:
I believe that I am not the only one having problems with web pages not refreshing when using the latest version of NVDA and Google chrome.
Would it be possible for someone to create a NVDA addon to resolve this issue?

Louis Maher

This issue happens in JAWS and Chrome. The temporary fix is to refresh your screen when necessary. In JAWS this is control + escape. In NVDA, it is NVDA key + f5.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher03@...

I believe that I am not the only one having problems with web pages not refreshing when using the latest version of NVDA and Google chrome.
Would it be possible for someone to create a NVDA addon to resolve this issue?

George McCoy

As has been repeatedly mentioned on these threads, nvda plus f5 *does *not* *always* *work.

George

On 2/24/2020 2:03 PM, Don H wrote:
I believe that I am not the only one having problems with web pages not refreshing when using the latest version of NVDA and Google chrome.
Would it be possible for someone to create a NVDA addon to resolve this issue?

Sarah k Alawami

Yeah, for me ti works, but I get kicked back to the top of the page and we are starting over. It sucks. The form fields are still there etc but yeah it really does not work, maybe only 30 percent of the time for me.

to subscribe to the feed click here

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

On 2/24/2020 2:03 PM, Don H wrote:
I believe that I am not the only one having problems with web pages not refreshing when using the latest version of NVDA and Google chrome.
Would it be possible for someone to create a NVDA addon to resolve this issue?

Jimmy Vonderlinden

I've noticed this too. What works some times for me is to alt tab back and forth from one window and than back to google chrome.
I hope this helps, and that it can get fixed soon

Sarah k Alawami

Oh, it's fixed. We just have not gotten the build. I heard it will be sometime in march or so according to the list archives.

Take care and have a happy wednesday.

On 26 Feb 2020, at 20:51, Jimmy Vonderlinden via Groups.Io wrote:

I've noticed this too. What works some times for me is to alt tab back and forth from one window and than back to google chrome.
I hope this helps, and that it can get fixed soon

molly the blind tech lover

Hi.

Alt tab works for me too. Also, pressing f5 refreshes the page.

I've noticed this too. What works some times for me is to alt tab back and forth from one window and than back to google chrome.
I hope this helps, and that it can get fixed soon

Quentin Christensen

Just to reiterate what I found when I looked into this - the issue has been fixed in Chrome 81.  If you are keen to use pre-release software, you can download a beta of that now.  Otherwise, it is due for public release on 17th March.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen