Topics

question about Pontes Media Downloader not working in Win10

Dan Thompson

Greetings all,

I have had great success with Pontes Media downloader version 2.0 converting YouTube files into mp3, wav etc.  .  However, recently one of my students who has been working with a laptop with Win7 had it upgraded to Win10.  Now When accessing the Pontes Media downloader exe file in that program folder or from the desktop, I am returned to the folder where the exe file is located and the program doesn’t load.  Has anyone else had such an experience?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Dan,

I would advise you to upgrade to Pontes Media Downloader 3.x.  It seems to work better with Windows 10.  On occasion, it becomes non functional, but a simple reinstall fixes the problem.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Angelo Sonnesso

Delete the old program, and get the latest addition.

I had the same problem, and that is how I solved it.

It works very smoothly.

73 N2DYN Angelo

[...]

Thanks so very much.  I can’t seem to find one newer than 2.0.  Can you give me the link to that site?  I can’t thank you enough.  Several of my students use that program and it is in my book.  Thanks so much again!!

[...]

This should be the direct download page.
http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/#meniu

On 3/2/2020 12:40 PM, Dan Thompson wrote:

[...]

The first thing to do is to try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.  After that, I'm not sure what might be tried but that is the most simple and easiest thing to try.

Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 7:53 AM

Greetings all,

I have had great success with Pontes Media downloader version 2.0 converting YouTube files into mp3, wav etc.  .  However, recentlyone of my students who has been working with a laptop with Win7 had it upgraded to Win10.  Now When accessing the Pontes Media downloader exe file in that program folder or from the desktop, I am returned to the folder where the exe file is located and the program doesn’t load.  Has anyone else had such an experience?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Dan Thompson

You are awesome Ron.  Thanks a bunch.

[...]

Thanks so very much for your expert advice.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  Ron, Another person on the list said they needed to get the newer version.

In case you are interested, here is the direct link.

http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/#meniu

Thanks for all you do with NVDA!!!

Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 7:53 AM

Greetings all,

I have had great success with Pontes Media downloader version 2.0 converting YouTube files into mp3, wav etc.  .  However, recentlyone of my students who has been working with a laptop with Win7 had it upgraded to Win10.  Now When accessing the Pontes Media downloader exe file in that program folder or from the desktop, I am returned to the folder where the exe file is located and the program doesn’t load.  Has anyone else had such an experience?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Kevin Cussick

Hi, Yes it just sits there and does nothing! it's a shame as it was a fantastic program, I just do not have the time to trouble shoot.

On 02/03/2020 13:53, Dan Thompson wrote:
Greetings all,
I have had great success with Pontes Media downloader version 2.0 converting YouTube files into mp3, wav etc.  .  However, recently one of my students who has been working with a laptop with Win7 had it upgraded to Win10.  Now When accessing the Pontes Media downloader exe file in that program folder or from the desktop, I am returned to the folder where the exe file is located and the program doesn’t load.  Has anyone else had such an experience?
Thanks for any advice in advance.

Kevin Cussick

Hi, thanks for this installed and will test when I get a chance.

On 02/03/2020 18:32, Dan Thompson wrote:
[...]

Mark <marktyler2014@...>

Hi working for me with the latest  version of windows

And nvda

Mark.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi,   Yes it just sits there and does nothing!   it's a shame as it was

a fantastic program,   I just do not have the time to trouble shoot.

On 02/03/2020 13:53, Dan Thompson wrote:

> Greetings all,

> I have had great success with Pontes Media downloader version 2.0

> converting YouTube files into mp3, wav etc.  .  However, recently one of

> my students who has been working with a laptop with Win7 had it upgraded

> to Win10.  Now When accessing the Pontes Media downloader exe file in

> that program folder or from the desktop, I am returned to the folder

> where the exe file is located and the program doesn’t load.  Has anyone

> else had such an experience?

> Thanks for any advice in advance.

Arlene

I’ve been using it since windows 7. When I upgraded to win ten last year. It worked fine for me and it still does.