Topics

Issue switching between browse & focus mode with NVDA+Spacebar

Danni

somehow I changed a setting so when I hit space bar and insert key at the same time it switches from brouse mode to focus and I can't figure out how to make it stop?

i don't think you changed anything. It is supposed to do this.

On 3/2/2020 12:49 AM, Danni wrote:
somehow I changed a setting so when I hit space bar and insert key at the same time it switches from brouse mode to focus and I can't figure out how to make it stop?

Quentin Christensen

Hi Danni,

As mentioned, that's the expected behaviour - it forces NVDA to change modes even when it doesn't want to automatically (on the web it also keeps NVDA in the new mode even if you do something that would otherwise change modes, eg moving onto an edit box - that can be useful for a form which jumps between controls and instructions and otherwise jumps between modes constantly.

What are you trying to do (with NVDA+spacebar) otherwise?

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Gene

It is supposed to do that.  it is a toggle that switches between the two modes, that is, browse mode on and browse mode off.  You can't turn it off.  Maybe you can reassign the command to different keys, but you clearly didn't because the command is working.

somehow I changed a setting so when I hit space bar and insert key at the same time it switches from brouse mode to focus and I can't figure out how to make it stop?

Gene

Also, your subject line tells us absulutely nothing.  Uhhh is not even remotely a subject line.  A sample subject line for your mnessage might be something like, turning browse mode on.  If you use such completely uncommunicative subject lines, many people will just skip your message and you will not have as good a chance of getting help.

somehow I changed a setting so when I hit space bar and insert key at the same time it switches from brouse mode to focus and I can't figure out how to make it stop?

Rosemarie Chavarria

That's what it's supposed to do.

On 3/1/2020 9:49 PM, Danni wrote:
somehow I changed a setting so when I hit space bar and insert key at the same time it switches from brouse mode to focus and I can't figure out how to make it stop?

Danni

well that sucks it's annoying! and never did it before but oh well why not another annoyance?

and thanks for the criticism by gene it's not apreciated!