Topics

java access bridge

Pete <emac00@...>

Hi

It seems to be working, no nvda log errors. I saved the setup.htm from son micro and used it to make the batch file. I remember reading it a million times to make sure I copied the rite files to the rite place. The situation changes if you are using only 32 bit j r e on 64 bit windows if I remember the system32 folder is used in that situation.
Pete

mohammad suliman

hi,
so, has it worked for you?
if not here are some tips:
first, the directory to copy windowsAccessBridge-64.dll to is:
C:\Windows\System32
don't know if this was a typing mistake
according to my experience, if you delete java completely from your computer, and then download both installers and install it again, you will get a better results.
think the access bridge package files is old. when I did exactly as you described, java apps were very slow, and I got some errors in NVDA log.
something to mention: if you decide to reinstall java from scratch, the only missing file will be windowAccessBridge-32.dll, just copy it from java_home_32/bin to the location you specified and that's it.

On 3/11/2016 1:57 AM, Pete wrote:

Hi Chris
Here is what I did using the accessbridge-2_0_2-fcs-bin-b06.zip and the jre-8u65-windows-i586.exe and the jre-8u65-windows-x64.exe using windows 7 64 bit pro.
After installing the 64 and 32 bit versions of j r e.

@ echo off
REM Unzip accessbridge-2_0_2-fcs-bin-b06.zip and run batch from with in...
copy /b /v "WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll" "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll"
copy /b /v "WindowsAccessBridge-64.dll" "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsAccessBridge-64.dll"
copy /b /v "JavaAccessBridge-32.dll" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_65\bin\JavaAccessBridge-32.dll"
copy /b /v "JavaAccessBridge-64.dll" "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\bin\JavaAccessBridge-64.dll"
copy /b /v "JAWTAccessBridge-32.dll" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_65\bin\JAWTAccessBridge-32.dll"
copy /b /v "JAWTAccessBridge-64.dll" "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\bin\JAWTAccessBridge-64.dll"
copy /b /v "accessibility.properties" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_65\lib\accessibility.properties"
copy /b /v "accessibility.properties" "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\lib\accessibility.properties"
copy /b /v "access-bridge-32.jar" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_65\lib\ext\access-bridge-32.jar"
copy /b /v "access-bridge-64.jar" "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\lib\ext\access-bridge-64.jar"
copy /b /v "jaccess.jar" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_65\lib\ext\jaccess.jar"
copy /b /v "jaccess.jar" "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\lib\ext\jaccess.jar"
cls
exit

Next edit the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_65\lib\accessibility.properties" and the "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\lib\accessibility.properties"files to enable the access bridge.
That's about it.
Pete

On 3/8/2016 7:17 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:
Pete
On a 64-bit version of Windows, both 32 and 64-bit JRE's should be installed. WindowsAccessBridge-64.dll needs to be in the System32 folder and WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll in the SysWow64 folder. The latter folder is for 32-bit programs running on a 64-bit system and NVDA log shows an error if the 32-bit dll is not present. The Java installers have been useless for several versions now an I have had to update the folders manually.

Cheers
Chris

Cheers
Chris