Topics

How to copy Instant Translate spoken output to clipboard_

Mallard

Hello all,

I have some strings in Chinese I-d need to translae into English for later reviewing and refining.

Instant Translate speaks the translated text, but doesn-t allow for copying it to clipboard.

I was told I should install Speech History, but the add/on is incompatible with the latest versions of NVDA *I-m using Alphas(, while Instant Translate is incompatible with earlier versions.

any solutions, please_

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Ollie

Rui Fontes

Ciao Ollie!

Do you have the NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin  add-on installed?

It also have a speech history feature...

Rui Fontes

Às 16:50 de 20/03/2020, Mallard escreveu:

Hello all,

I have some strings in Chinese I-d need to translae into English for later reviewing and refining.

Instant Translate speaks the translated text, but doesn-t allow for copying it to clipboard.

I was told I should install Speech History, but the add/on is incompatible with the latest versions of NVDA *I-m using Alphas(, while Instant Translate is incompatible with earlier versions.

any solutions, please_

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Ollie

Rui Fontes

Or you can try using QTranslate...

Rui Fontes

Às 16:50 de 20/03/2020, Mallard escreveu:

Hello all,

I have some strings in Chinese I-d need to translae into English for later reviewing and refining.

Instant Translate speaks the translated text, but doesn-t allow for copying it to clipboard.

I was told I should install Speech History, but the add/on is incompatible with the latest versions of NVDA *I-m using Alphas(, while Instant Translate is incompatible with earlier versions.

any solutions, please_

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Ollie

Mallard

Yes Rui, I have that too. I-ll have to revert to that, although translating immediately within NVDA would have been much easier...

the advantage of Qtranslate, on top of it all, is the use of eight different services, thus providing a variety of similar, but not identical, renderings. That-s a great help sometimes, but on other occasions it becomes pretty confusing. Especially in a situation like this where, being programme strings, you have no context to help you find our bearings.

Thaks, stay safe,

Ollie

On 20/03/2020 18:01, Rui Fontes wrote:
Or you can try using QTranslate...

Rui Fontes

Às 16:50 de 20/03/2020, Mallard escreveu:
Hello all,

I have some strings in Chinese I-d need to translae into English for later reviewing and refining.

Instant Translate speaks the translated text, but doesn-t allow for copying it to clipboard.

I was told I should install Speech History, but the add/on is incompatible with the latest versions of NVDA *I-m using Alphas(, while Instant Translate is incompatible with earlier versions.

any solutions, please_

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Ollie

Mallard

Hey Rui,

No. I don-t have that... I-ll install it immediately. That-s going to be a great help, I-m sure.

Ciao, stay safe,

Ollie

On 20/03/2020 18:00, Rui Fontes wrote:
Ciao Ollie!

Do you have the NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin  add-on installed?

It also have a speech history feature...

Rui Fontes

Às 16:50 de 20/03/2020, Mallard escreveu:
Hello all,

I have some strings in Chinese I-d need to translae into English for later reviewing and refining.

Instant Translate speaks the translated text, but doesn-t allow for copying it to clipboard.

I was told I should install Speech History, but the add/on is incompatible with the latest versions of NVDA *I-m using Alphas(, while Instant Translate is incompatible with earlier versions.

any solutions, please_

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Ollie

Hareth

Hi Sis,
Instant translate does allow you to copy the last announced
translation to clipboard.
Hotkey:
NVDA shift t, that's the instant translate modifier key pressing, followed by
As you know the letter "T" to translate selected.
The letter "C" to copy that translation.
Or for the list of hotkeys the addon has , press the letter "H" after
the same first set.
Enjoy, Talk soon.

On 3/20/20, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Hello all,

I have some strings in Chinese I-d need to translae into English for
later reviewing and refining.

Instant Translate speaks the translated text, but doesn-t allow for
copying it to clipboard.

I was told I should install Speech History, but the add/on is
incompatible with the latest versions of NVDA *I-m using Alphas(, while
Instant Translate is incompatible with earlier versions.

any solutions, please_

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Ollie