Topics

NVDA getting stuck in frames in Firefox

hi.
i am not sure, because currently i have firefox 45 on my system.
and, nvda 2017.3 is the best version of nvda for me!
even nvda 2017.2 is very great, and has everythings that i need.
but i guess that your issue maybe related to one of these issues on github.

or,
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/pull/9672

On 3/26/20, Greg Williams <greg.williams.1978@...> wrote:
Hi,

NVDA 2019.3 frequently gets stuck in frames in Firefox (I am using
Firefox 67 currently). I seemed to be able to repeat it consistently on
this page:
https://www.koco.com/article/oklahoma-cowboy-museum-puts-security-guard-in-charge-of-social-media-during-closure-now-hes-going-viral/31925162?fbclid=IwAR2LVA2FN66nWA70ZclWMEaxhCHyyM3d4R4E3-uCtpljzi5raYJF_gbImz4

(any enjoyment from the actual page is a bonus). Sometimes refreshing
content NVDA+f5 works, and sometimes NVDA+ctrl+space works, and
sometimes I have to restart NVDA. Pressing tab moves through the
elements on the page, but the arrow keys only read the frame content. I
tried the new beta, but it also gets stuck. I am running Windows 10. Do
other people experience this, or is there some quirk in my setup? Thanks.

Greg

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Jacob Kruger

What I did notive when visiting that page, using firefox 74, was that it firstly asked for me for permission to know my location, and then to show notifications - both os those might keep hold of focus until dismissed, and, then it seemed to have opened a form of in-page dialogue asking me to subscribe to a corona newsletter, but, when I activated the close button, then it returned to the article mentioned in the page title.

I do have the mozilla apps add-on installed here, and am running NVDA 2020.1 beta 1, if relevant, but, what mentioned above might interfere with initial interaction?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA