Topics

NVDA Audio Themes Add On

bhanu computer

hi all, i need NVDA audio theem addon for nvda very latest version.
i cant find the audio theem addon compatable with nvda latest.
so any please help me.
thanks in advance

The only thing I can find that uses Audio Theme as part of it's name is the NVDA Audio Themes Add-On.  Activate that link and you'll be taken to the GitHub page for the developers releases that can be downloaded.  The latest appears to be a beta (and the one before it was, too), v6.0b2, from December 2019.

Here's the direct link to download the add-on package file: audiothemes-6.0b2.nvda-addon

       ~ Madonna

bhanu computer

and i want some docmentation of this addon can any one send me the link of documentation?

Documentation for the add-ons (or at least most of them) comes packaged with and can be accessed via the NVDA main menu.

NVDA+N,H,D   (NVDA Main, Help, Run Add-ons Documentation) after pressing which you will be presented with a list of your installed add-ons for which a documentation package was included.  Since the GitHub page for that add-on mentions updating the documentation as part of this latest version, the Audio Themes add-on should be somewhere in that list.  I can't know where as I can't know what add-ons any given person might be using.  Navigate to it, hit Enter, and the documentation will open in the web browser you have set as default on your system for your reading pleasure.

       ~ Madonna

bhanu computer

i cant find documentation in NVDA menu.
actually i am looking for adding sound to play while i am typing. if any know that please reply. please help

If you do not have the Add-Ons Documentation add-on installed, you need to do that, now, as it's what makes getting the documentation to come up.

The Audio Themes Add-On is quite complex, but the documentation is quite good.  After you have the previously mentioned add-on installed, open the NVDA main menu, Help, Running Add-Ons documentation option.  NVDA+N,H,D.  Then arrow down through your list of installed add-ons to fin the Audio Themes item, then hit Enter.  This opens the documentation in the web browser you have set as default.  Read it.

From all appearances you will be using the NVDA Main Menu, Audio Themes Option (NVDA+N,A) to open the Audio Themes Studio and will probably edit the Default audio theme supplied with the add on to your liking, which would mean choosing the Customize Existing Audio Theme button, allowing Default to remain selected, then activating the OK button (or hitting Enter).

After that, you're on your own, as there are very many things that can have sounds associated with them, and others that can be added that aren't already in the default list already.  I do not see anything related to making a sound play when typing regular characters, but I also may not know what that would be called.  The closest thing I can see is a selection for password edit, which I'm presuming is just to indicate you've landed in a password edit box.

You are the first person I know of who's using this add-on, and it has never been discussed before.  If you can accurately describe exactly what you're looking for, you would be well advised to contact the add-on developer, whose e-mail address is shown in the Manage Add-Ons dialog as Musharraf Omer <ibnomer2011@...>.  That or if you know someone using it that has whatever it is you want set up, ask how they did it.  And if neither of those routes pan out, playing with it to figure it out is what many have to do, including you.

       ~ Madonna

bhanu computer

and, addons documentations addon is not awailable for nvda latest

Rui Fontes

Yes, it is...

Check the oficial repository...

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 05:55 de 13/04/2020, bhanu computer escreveu:

and, addons documentations addon is not awailable for nvda latest

You know, it's really becoming beyond frustrating to give those asking for help direct links to the download pages for the things needed only to have those be ignored.

I already offered the direct link to the  Add-Ons Documentation add-on, which is right there, again, and to the NVDA Audio Themes package file:  audiothemes-6.0b2.nvda-addon

I've installed both, and tested every blessed thing I've mentioned.  It's time that you, Bhanu, did the same.

       ~ Madonna

yunus Emre

Audio themes and Speech history, are most important addons for me. I'm not updating to new releases untill they come.