strange behavior with NVDA 2019.3

Tony Ballou

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend who has both the latest versions of windows 10 pro, and NVDA.  For some reason, NVDA is partially reading the text.  An example of what's going on is that instead of saying the word information, it's only saying formation. Syllables of words are being cut.  I've never seen this happen before, hopefully somebody can give me an idea of what's going on.  Thanks.

Tony

Tyler Spivey

Audio enhancements. See if you can turn them off. Just go to Run and type mmsys.cpl, then select your playback device, properties, and see if it has an enhancements tab. There should be a disable checkbox there.

On 4/11/2020 9:18 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend who has both the latest versions of windows 10 pro, and NVDA.  For some reason, NVDA is partially reading the text.  An example of what's going on is that instead of saying the word information, it's only saying formation. Syllables of words are being cut.  I've never seen this happen before, hopefully somebody can give me an idea of what's going on.  Thanks.

Tony

If the cut-outs are always at the beginning of words, and he's using Bluetooth audio, it's the Bluetooth Audio that is the problem.  There is an NVDA Add-on, BluetoothAudio, that is meant to remedy this issue.  If it doesn't work, there is another alternative in a program called Silenzio, but it makes sense to try the add-on first.

       ~ Madonna

Tony Ballou

Hey Brian,

Thanks mate, will give that a shot.

Tony

On 4/11/2020 12:43 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
If the cut-outs are always at the beginning of words, and he's using Bluetooth audio, it's the Bluetooth Audio that is the problem.  There is an NVDA Add-on, BluetoothAudio, that is meant to remedy this issue.  If it doesn't work, there is another alternative in a program called Silenzio, but it makes sense to try the add-on first.

       ~ Madonna

Tony Ballou

Hey Tyler,

Thanks mate.  Will try that fix as well.

Tony