strange results when navigating by character

Monte Single

Hi List,

I’m using win 7 with current nvda, office 2013 and current chrome on this machine.

When moving through web pages, mail  and other items n items I get strange results when navigating by character.

I may be moving backorf forth  through words in a line and as I move from character to character, I hear way more stuff than the single character.

Sometimes it sounds like severals characters or even  words.

Have I accidentally turned on something in nvda that causes this?

Thanks,

Monte

hi do you mean repeating characters or reporting incorrect characters
when you are navigating in the web?
do you see this behaviour in editable texts?
do you see in for example form fields?
which synthesizer are you using?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Monte Single

No, I mean it says the character that is there plus a lot of garbage.

[...]

Quentin Christensen

Can you please give an example? EG what web page or program, what you pressed, and exactly what was said?  If you need, you can press NVDA+N, then the second option is "Speech viewer" which will open a window displaying exactly what NVDA reads.

Regards

Quentin.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Arlene

Hi, are you using the latest build of NVDA?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Monte Single

Yes, I am using the latest build.

I switched to factory default and the problem went away.

Obviously the problem was casued by something in my saved settings.