Trying to learn NVDA for the Microsoft Flight simulator and the add on program Ideal Flight Special Edition

Ron Kolesar

Hello to all.
I know that Sarah would be a great resource for this question.
But curious if anyone could give feedback on using both either Microsoft Flight Simulator version ten, AKA FSX Steam version and or the newer program Prepare 3-d now I believe is version 5 with NVDA?
I also have been watching quite a bit about the up coming Microsoft Flight simulator 2020 project that's all over the internet and face book as well.
This project is suppose to be out around October 13th, 2020.
But I thought that I saw somewhere that it might be released sometime now in September.
I just uninstalled all of my flying programs.
Many thanks.
Ron Ham Radio Station KR3DOG
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Sarah k Alawami

I would suggest consult all the manuals. There is so much info out there that we will be of no help at this poin tin time.

Good luck, practice, and just, practice hard. It is up to you to learn NVDA, after that you need to read the manuals and google and stuff. We have no tips.

On 16 Apr 2020, at 16:18, Ron Kolesar wrote:

[...]

Kerryn Gunness

hi ron
am also trying to do the same
can u email me privately?
trying to get the blind flight simmer contact, addd on for nvda
info on how to fly etc

[...]

David Csercsics <bleeblat@...>

How does one get started with flight simulators? I'm bored and it might be something worth screwing around with? Or should I just wait until the 2020 version is released?

Ben J. Bloomgren

I'm brain farting on his last name, but there's a guy I know on Twitter whose first name is Josh. He goes by Orinks on Twitter. He, like Sarah, is big into this stuff. I'd love to see a tutorial on these things.

Ben

On Apr 16, 2020, at 18:21, Ron Kolesar <kolesar16417@roadrunner.com> wrote:

[...]

David Mehler

Bored myself, I wouldn't mind this either.

Dave.

wrote:

Hello to all.
I know that Sarah would be a great resource for this question.
But curious if anyone could give feedback on using both either Microsoft
Flight Simulator version ten, AKA FSX Steam version and or the newer
program Prepare 3-d now I believe is version 5 with NVDA?
I also have been watching quite a bit about the up coming Microsoft Flight
simulator 2020 project that's all over the internet and face book as
well.
This project is suppose to be out around October 13th, 2020.
But I thought that I saw somewhere that it might be released sometime now
in September.
I just uninstalled all of my flying programs.
Many thanks.
Ron Ham Radio Station KR3DOG
Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Sarah k Alawami

There is no add on for flying with NVDA. You have to use screen review and ocr to do most of the work. It's a bit of a pain, but it is doable. If you want more info check out my new lbry channel where I am going to post every flight sim video from 2018 to present, if I can find them all. I use NVDA and later on this year I'm going to post a video showing how the screen reader is connected. Give me about 6 months to put everything together though , but this is a project I'm working on now.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Kolesar" kolesar16417@...
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 7:18 PM

[...]

I'll email you off list later tonight, if not I'll send you an email tomorrow when I get off work.

Take care

On 16 Apr 2020, at 18:02, David Csercsics wrote:

How does one get started with flight simulators? I'm bored and it might be something worth screwing around with? Or should I just wait until the 2020 version is released?

Ron Kolesar

Sarah, I too would appreciate the link for your videos.
Which is more accessible, Ideal Flight Special Edition for Prepare 3-d, or for FSX-SE?
Looking forward to viewing your videos to hopefully learn.
From one ham operator to another, Even though you’re three hours behind us on the East Coast, 73’s Ron KR3DOG

I'll email you off list later tonight, if not I'll send you an email tomorrow when I get off work.

Take care

On 16 Apr 2020, at 18:02, David Csercsics wrote:

How does one get started with flight simulators? I'm bored and it might be something worth screwing around with? Or should I just wait until the 2020 version is released?

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Kerryn Gunness

thanks sarah
thought you were  ron
lol

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 7:18 PM

[...]

Neat, but I guess it sounds like I should wait for the October updates, and possibly the new XBox with accessibility fixes. I'm guessing you use one of the phone OCR apps? And then point it at the screen to read the sim stuff? That would not really be doable here, as I don't habitually have a monitor connected, which generally causes windows to be confused about screen resolution, among other things.

Andy B.

I wanted to try this with the current version, but can’t find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it?