Topics

NVDA 2020 Beta Version


brice Mijares
 

Since the first NVDA beta, I  don't hear links or buttons. Any ideas why? Thanks


 

FYI, I've retitled the topic to reflect the 2020 Beta, as there are lots of beta versions over time.  If that is an incorrect presumption, then let me know which beta you're making reference to.  It's helpful for the topic to tie directly to the specific beta version being discussed.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

       ~ Madonna

 

 


brice Mijares
 

Brian, I was to lazy to go get the info. I installed the latest this morning.

alpha-20005,14c2e2ec
Fri Apr 17 14:03:19 2020

On 4/17/2020 12:17 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
FYI, I've retitled the topic to reflect the 2020 Beta, as there are lots of beta versions over time.  If that is an incorrect presumption, then let me know which beta you're making reference to.  It's helpful for the topic to tie directly to the specific beta version being discussed.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

~ Madonna


Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Brice,

I'm not aware of anything which has changed in that regard.  Just checking in Chrome 81 and Chrome 75 and NVDA 2020.1 beta 1 and it's announcing buttons and links for me.  In the NVDA document formatting settings (NVDA+control+d) you can set which elements are listed, including links and buttons (they're a fair way down the list).  Check those and make sure they haven't got unchecked somewhere along the line.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 4:23 AM brice Mijares <bmijares33@...> wrote:
Since the first NVDA beta, I  don't hear links or buttons. Any ideas
why? Thanks






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


brice Mijares
 

I figured it out by eliminating ad ons and it just happened to be the first one in the list of ad ons called audio themes. Thanks for responding.

On 4/19/2020 9:13 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi Brice,

I'm not aware of anything which has changed in that regard.  Just checking in Chrome 81 and Chrome 75 and NVDA 2020.1 beta 1 and it's announcing buttons and links for me. In the NVDA document formatting settings (NVDA+control+d) you can set which elements are listed, including links and buttons (they're a fair way down the list).  Check those and make sure they haven't got unchecked somewhere along the line.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 4:23 AM brice Mijares <bmijares33@gmail.com <mailto:bmijares33@gmail.com>> wrote:

Since the first NVDA beta, I  don't hear links or buttons. Any ideas
why? Thanks






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>;
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>;


 

FYI, I've retitled to make searches easier.  If anyone's got more information going forward, please use this message, or any one that carries the title, "NVDA 2020 Beta Version," to respond to so everything stays together.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019