Topics

Windows 10 Mail program and NVDA

Cordelia Scharpf

Hi:

I am new to using Mail (Windows 10) and cannot seem to find shortcuts to
quickly manage emails. Where do I find them, in settings or anywhere else?

Furthermore, I wonder how to activate the context menu key. It doesn't do
anything whereas all other function keys work all right. I was hoping that
by using the Context Menu key I could access a menu showing the shortcuts
relevant for Mail, for example.

Puzzled,
Cordelia

Judith Pelaez <judithp1997@...>

Hi,

I found these on Microsoft website.
I hope they are useful.

On Apr 18, 2020, at 3:13 AM, Cordelia Scharpf <CScharpf@...> wrote:

Hi:

I am new to using Mail (Windows 10) and cannot seem to find shortcuts to
quickly manage emails. Where do I find them, in settings or anywhere else?

Furthermore, I wonder how to activate the context menu key. It doesn't do
anything whereas all other function keys work all right. I was hoping that
by using the Context Menu key I could access a menu showing the shortcuts
relevant for Mail, for example.

Puzzled,
Cordelia

hi.
i searched in google:
how to use windows 10 mail?
hear you are the link. hope that helps.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-get-started-mail-app-windows-10

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Cordelia Scharpf

Judith and Zahra: Thanks for your tips, which were indeed helpful. I will do my memorizing then (smile).

To anybody who might know: Please correct me if I am wrong. It looks as though Windows 10 does not offer an overall option that would display/announce keyboard shortcuts. I found this quite helpful running Windows 7 and a German screen reader, the latter is no longer being supported. Having the shortcuts displayed or announced right next to an option expedited memorizing. Users could choose to turn it on or off. Might this be a useful toggle to be implemented in NVDA someday?

Best,
Cordelia

I am new to using Mail (Windows 10) and cannot seem to find shortcuts to
quickly manage emails. Where do I find them, in settings or anywhere else?

Furthermore, I wonder how to activate the context menu key. It doesn't do
anything whereas all other function keys work all right. I was hoping that
by using the Context Menu key I could access a menu showing the shortcuts
relevant for Mail, for example.

Puzzled,
Cordelia

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

your welcome. its my pleasure to help others.
God bless you all!

[...]

Hey, no problem at all.

To be honest, I also kinda needed those shortcuts, so I just searched for them and put them in a word document.

Sent from            Mail for Windows 10

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Be aware that adding an email signature is doable but is also a pain in the neck. It would behoove you to write out your signature starting with stars(*) to separate the message from the signature.
do this in notepad then copy
open mail
tab to settings
arrow down to signature
If you have the necessary boxes checked to add a signature then tab one tab past picture. Note you wil not hear anything.
paste your signature
shift tab to save and enter
Hopefully this will be enough. You won't know until you open a new email and arrow down in the message field to see if it is there.

I have been complaining about the lack of accessibility for years with the results you see now.

******
If we don't take time to think before we speak we may find ourselves in a situation where our speech becomes a bit stinky!

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

In case you are interested I have a working copy of Outlook Express that will work in Windows 10.

******

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Cordelia Scharpf

Thanks for that additional info, which is good to have in case I need it.

I am beginning to figure things out but agree 100 percent that it would be a lot easier if accessibility needs were taken more seriously and met by developers of mainstream software. I just had a discussion with the tech support of another software. They recognized and replicated the problem I had described. (I gave them the link to NVDA for them to test the result.) However, I won’t see any change for the better to arrive at my fingertips anytime soon. Let’s face it, the problem I raised landed at the very bottom of their to-do list because it is not of immediate concern to the majority of (sighted) users.

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>

I know flag is insert and to move a message is control shift v

On Apr 18, 2020, at 4:13 AM, Cordelia Scharpf <CScharpf@...> wrote:

Hi:

I am new to using Mail (Windows 10) and cannot seem to find shortcuts to
quickly manage emails. Where do I find them, in settings or anywhere else?

Furthermore, I wonder how to activate the context menu key. It doesn't do
anything whereas all other function keys work all right. I was hoping that
by using the Context Menu key I could access a menu showing the shortcuts
relevant for Mail, for example.

Puzzled,
Cordelia

Keyboard shortcuts in Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10

Keyboard shortcuts in apps - Windows Help (other than Mail & Calendar)

Cordelia Scharpf

Hi Cecilia,

Thanks for these tips.
Cordelia

I know flag is insert and to move a message is control shift v
On Apr 18, 2020, at 4:13 AM, Cordelia Scharpf <CScharpf@...> wrote:

Hi:

I am new to using Mail (Windows 10) and cannot seem to find shortcuts to
quickly manage emails. Where do I find them, in settings or anywhere else?

Furthermore, I wonder how to activate the context menu key. It doesn't do
anything whereas all other function keys work all right. I was hoping that
by using the Context Menu key I could access a menu showing the shortcuts
relevant for Mail, for example.

Puzzled,
Cordelia

Cordelia Scharpf

Hi Brian:

Much appreciated! I have generated a folder with lists of keyboard combinations for apps running in Windows 10 I downloaded from the Internet. I got  answers to my questions.