Topics

Can a developer test this for me?

Maria S

Hello. I am trying to apply to a job at www.manpower.com

However, when I click the Create Account link, NVDA begins speaking
English in another language. This happens in Firefox, Edge, and
Chrome. Jaws also does this.

Using version 2019.3.1 on Windows 10. All browsers are up to date as
far as I know.

Thanks for any assistance, Maria Smith

Hi,
I cannot reproduce this. Try seeing if "Automatic language switching (when supported)" setting is on (found in NVDA settings/voice category), and if yes, try after turning it off.
Cheers,
Joseph

However, when I click the Create Account link, NVDA begins speaking English in another language. This happens in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome. Jaws also does this.

Using version 2019.3.1 on Windows 10. All browsers are up to date as far as I know.

Thanks for any assistance, Maria Smith

Rui Fontes

Uncheck the Change language or switch language in NVDA configurations, voice...

Rui Fontes

Hello. I am trying to apply to a job at www.manpower.com

However, when I click the Create Account link, NVDA begins speaking
English in another language. This happens in Firefox, Edge, and
Chrome. Jaws also does this.

Using version 2019.3.1 on Windows 10. All browsers are up to date as
far as I know.

Thanks for any assistance, Maria Smith

Maria,

       There is a dropdown on that page that allows you to select English or Spanish, and I have the suspicion that if you don't do so you end up somehow "stumbling into" the Spanish language side of the site (which is still based in the USA).

        When I select US along with the English radio button, it takes me here:  https://www.manpower.com/ManpowerUSA/home/!ut/p/z1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8ziTfw9zDw9nA18LFyDjAwczTwDjYw9jIydPY31w_Wj9KOASgxwAEcD_eDUvPjQYP2C7LxyABr7J-Y!/dz/d5/L0lHSkovd0RNQUZrQUVnQSEhLzROVkUvZW4!/

If that direct link doesn't work for you, search for the Language Selector Menu Button and activate it.  This is where the country dropdown and language radio buttons are revealed.

Jackie

Maria, I'm not a developer, but here are some things to check.
1) Go to control panel > region and language settings & ensure that
English United States is set.
2) Next, press the nvda menu key combination, go to preferences >
settings & thence to the speech tab. I uncheck the following items:
automatic language switching when supported
automatic dialect switching when supported
trust voice's language when processing characters& symbols.

Jaws also has similar settings where language options can be disabled.
I'm curious what synthesizer you're using?

Hello. I am trying to apply to a job at www.manpower.com

However, when I click the Create Account link, NVDA begins speaking
English in another language. This happens in Firefox, Edge, and
Chrome. Jaws also does this.

Using version 2019.3.1 on Windows 10. All browsers are up to date as
far as I know.

Thanks for any assistance, Maria Smith

Jackie

Wow, amazing! By time I'd finished writing my reply, you'd gotten 3
already! Me slow!

Hello. I am trying to apply to a job at www.manpower.com

However, when I click the Create Account link, NVDA begins speaking
English in another language. This happens in Firefox, Edge, and
Chrome. Jaws also does this.

Using version 2019.3.1 on Windows 10. All browsers are up to date as
far as I know.

Thanks for any assistance, Maria Smith

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 07:36 PM, Jackie wrote:
Me slow!
Now, now Jackie.  Just because we're all thinking it already doesn't mean you have to say it!  ;-)

Jackie

Brian, you mean I can't show off my telepathic abilities? :)