Topics

NVDA voice profiles are not functioning in latest NVDA after changing synthesizer

Sandesh computer trainer HR

Hi friends,
Seeking your assistance to resolve below NVDA strange problem.
I have updated to latest version NVDA.
Soon after I have change synthesizer A P 4. Later I have exit the NVDA.
While verifying NVDA features. I have reactivated NVDA through short key.
Unable to hear the NVDA voice.
I have reinstalled NVDA yesterday twice.
Still I am unable to listen NVDA voices.

With regards,
Sandesh HR

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I have had a similar problem. When I switch to Sapi5 I get silence. ESpeak and ?windows core are fine.
******
If we don't take time to think before we speak we may find ourselves in a situation where our speech becomes a bit stinky!

Seeking your assistance to resolve below NVDA strange problem.
I have updated to latest version NVDA.
Soon after I have change synthesizer A P 4. Later I have exit the NVDA.
While verifying NVDA features. I have reactivated NVDA through short key.
Unable to hear the NVDA voice.
I have reinstalled NVDA yesterday twice.
Still I am unable to listen NVDA voices.

With regards,
Sandesh HR

Quentin Christensen

Can you both please clarify exactly which voices / synthesizers you are using?  Sandesh, I'm not familiar with a synth called "AP4", but did you mean SAPI 4"?

It sounds like you managed to get back to a voice you can use, but if you do set the synthesizer to something which doesn't work, two ways to overcome it are:

1) Revert NVDA to the last saved configuration by pressing NVDA+CONTROL+R.  If all else fails, pressing this three times quickly will reset NVDA back to factory settings.

2) Or you can change the synthesizer again, if you are happy to try doing so without speech:
- Press NVDA+CONTROL+S to open the synthesizer dialog
- Press W for Windows OneCore voices or E for eSpeak-NG.
- Press ENTER.  The new synthesizer should load and start speaking.

Note that this assumes Windows OneCore is the only (or at least first alphabetically) synthesizer beginning with W and eSpeak NG is the only or first beginning with E.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Sandesh computer trainer HR

HI friend,
By using Narrator I have did above settings which you have mention.
But Microsoft AP 4 is not working.

Now reinstall NVDA and change the synthesizer from E-speak to
Microsoft AP 4. Immediately NVDA was working without voice. Later I
have checked in volume control. NVDA volume was 0. Later increase it.

Look like Microsoft AP 4 has few issues with NVDA of latest version.

With regards,
Sandesh HR

godfearer@...> wrote:

[...]

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Quentin Christensen

Once you adjusted the volume does the voice behave ok?

I don't have any SAPI 4 voices anymore to check.