Topics

Torrents in QBitTorrent, or other accessible torrent clients.

John Isige

Hi all. I'm back with another question.

I've been using QBitTorrent for torrents, but so far as I can tell, the list of torrents is inaccessible. So I've been using the web interface. While that's accessible, my problem is this. Say I have, I dunno, twelve torrents going. I want to delete seven of them. In the web interface, I have to pick one, delete it, pick another one, delete it, and so on. Is there a way to do this in QBitTorrent itself, so I can pick multiple torrents and just delete them? Ideally it would also ask me if I wanted to delete the actual data or not.

Alternatively, can anybody recommend another client that's accessible? I was using utorrent/mu torrent, whatever it's called, but one place I check doesn't like it anymore because it has some sort of security issue or something. That's why I switched to QBitTorrent. It wasn't really accessible either. You'd think a list box wouldn't be that hard but apparently torrent client designers like to make them non-standard or something. So if anybody's got something really accessible, I'd love to know about it. Maybe that is QBitTorrent and I'm just missing something.

Sascha Cowley

I personally use Transmission. The only issue I really have with it is that the only thing that is read in the torrent list is the torrent name. However, if you use OCR while the list item is highlighted, you can read the download progress.

On 24/04/2020 04:00, John Isige wrote:
[...]

Rob Hudson

Sascha Cowley via groups.io <sascha.camille=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I personally use Transmission. The only issue I really have with it is
that the only thing that is read in the torrent list is the torrent
name. However, if you use OCR while the list item is highlighted, you
can read the download progress.
I run transmission-daemon on my linux box, and transmission-remote-gui on windows The.
The torrent list reads with screen review. However, you must single click on a torrent and use the pgdup/up keys to scroll. No arrow support.

Sascha Cowley

Okay. I should be clear, then, that I am referring to Transmission-QT, in which I haven't experienced those issues.

On 24/04/2020 07:03, Rob Hudson wrote:
Sascha Cowley via groups.io <sascha.camille=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I personally use Transmission. The only issue I really have with it is
that the only thing that is read in the torrent list is the torrent
name. However, if you use OCR while the list item is highlighted, you
can read the download progress.
I run transmission-daemon on my linux box, and transmission-remote-gui on windows The.
The torrent list reads with screen review. However, you must single click on a torrent and use the pgdup/up keys to scroll. No arrow support.

Rob Hudson

Sascha Cowley via groups.io <sascha.camille=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Okay. I should be clear, then, that I am referring to Transmission-QT,
in which I haven't experienced those issues.
AH. I haven't tried that one given my distrust of most QT apps. I find them all to be somewhat clunky. However, if it works for you... :)

JM Casey

I still use u/mutorrent.
It's nota great solution but if Qbittorent has a context menu or something you could always check the properties to make sure you know which one you are on. Then you can remember the sequence, select the ones you want and delete them.

[...]

Lenron

Honestly have been wishing for someone to code a really good torrent
program for a while now. The options we have kind of suck in different
ways.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Josh Kennedy

I use NVDA OCR to recognise the window in q-bit-torrent and then it reads the download progress to me usually with no problems.

JM Casey

Yeah. I deactivated a lot of the nonsense utorrent comes with and it works pretty well now and doesn't crash. Still, there are some snags here and there...

[...]

yunus Emre

There is more accessible clients like bittorrent and utorrent, but they are not safe like qbittorrent. Those clients had some issues like mining, advertisements etc.

William

I read that QBitorrent is not accessible is that NVDA is having problem in dealing with app build on QT5, like vlc.

Sascha Cowley via groups.io 於 24/4/2020 5:07 寫道: