Topics

Any desktop client for twitter with NVDA

Ketan Kothari

Dear Friends,

Is there any client other than TWBlue that works with twitter?  Please do help.

Thank you.

Ketan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jacob Kruger

TWBlue is, AFAIK, the simplest/most accessible one:

https://twblue.es/

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-04-24 10:47 AM, Ketan Kothari wrote:

Dear Friends,

Is there any client other than TWBlue that works with twitter?  Please do help.

Thank you.

Ketan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ketan Kothari

Dear  Jacob,

TWBlue started to act funny with me since last 2 days.  Any other option?

On 2020-04-24 10:47 AM, Ketan Kothari wrote:

Dear Friends,

Is there any client other than TWBlue that works with twitter?  Please do help.

Thank you.

Ketan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jacob Kruger

I've never bothered with anything else besides TWBlue, and, had it up and running just now, and, seemed fine?

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA

Dear  Jacob,

On 2020-04-24 10:47 AM, Ketan Kothari wrote:

Dear Friends,

Is there any client other than TWBlue that works with twitter?  Please do help.

Thank you.

Ketan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ketan Kothari

Hi Jacob,

Actually, it performed well till Monday when it started asking for donation and when I said that I don’t wish to donate I got message constantly that no session is running when I could hear new tweets coming in.  Strange indeed!

Dear  Jacob,

On 2020-04-24 10:47 AM, Ketan Kothari wrote:

Dear Friends,

Is there any client other than TWBlue that works with twitter?  Please do help.

Thank you.

Ketan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jacob Kruger

Maybe try uninstalling, and, fully reinstalling it?

And, funny enough, although have never bothered providing a donation, I don't get that prompt nowadays, and, am running latest version 0.95?

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA

Hi Jacob,

Dear  Jacob,

On 2020-04-24 10:47 AM, Ketan Kothari wrote:

Dear Friends,

Is there any client other than TWBlue that works with twitter?  Please do help.

Thank you.

Ketan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Edited

Twitter has banned a lot of accessible clients like OpenTween and a lot of non accessible clients. Mastodon is very open and accessible, see links below. I doubt Twitter will budge on this because they want advertising. Third party clients cut out advertising completely. Anyway, check out the below links. In fact, I'm shocked TW Blue hasn't been banned yet.

While reading the below, keep in mind that OpenTween and others have put in their appeals, but have heard absolute radio silence on Twitters end. So, if TW Blue gets banned, don't be shocked.

Lastly, no. Blind developers don't quite see the value in developing for Mastodon yet, which is why there hasn't been a Mastodon client developed for the blind on desktop, but a few of the mobile developers making their own Mastodon apps have taken accessibility very, very, seriously, for now.

  1. Blindness resource for OpenTween.
  2. Accessibility overview of Mastodon
  3. A screen reader guide for Mastodon with chapters.
  4. OpenTween for Mastodon.
  5. Another OpenTween fork for Mastodon. The page does not translate well.

Akshaya Choudhary

Hello,
Twitter's website is very accessible. You don't need any third party client. Just press shift+/ in focus mode for a list of shortcuts and you will be ready to go. You will be very efficiently able to navigate the website with half an hour of practice.

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Lino Morales

Can e Tw Blue which can be found at:

www.twblue.es

or you can download the universal app for Win 10 at the Microsoft Store.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Twitter's website is very accessible. You don't need any third party client. Just press shift+/ in focus mode for a list of shortcuts and you will be ready to go. You will be very efficiently able to navigate the website with half an hour of practice.

--
Regards,
Sociohack

mk360

Yeah, it works well, but is slower than clients like TWBlue or Open Tween. I prefer Open Tween, but is banned now, so I'm using TWBlue.

El 24/04/2020 a las 16:19, Akshaya Choudhary escribió:
Hello,
Twitter's website is very accessible. You don't need any third party client. Just press shift+/ in focus mode for a list of shortcuts and you will be ready to go. You will be very efficiently able to navigate the website with half an hour of practice.

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Pauline Smith

Good Evening,

I had to uninstall, then reinstall TWBlue about 2 weeks ago because it was acting up.  Since then, things have worked a lot better. There is a client called The Qube that some people use.

Pauline

On 2020-04-24 10:47 AM, Ketan Kothari wrote:

Dear Friends,

Is there any client other than TWBlue that works with twitter?  Please do help.

Thank you.

Ketan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Looks like TW Blue is working on Mastodon support. Ignore my closed pull request. I was trying to suggest Mastodon support as a suggestion and saw they were experimenting with Mastodon.

Here's a screen reader guide for Mastodon in case anybody missed my earlier message.

Pauline Smith

I find the mobile twitter website more usable for me.  The regular site tends to run sluggishly on my computer, making it hard to navigate.

Pauline

On 4/24/2020 4:19 PM, Akshaya Choudhary wrote:
Hello,
Twitter's website is very accessible. You don't need any third party client. Just press shift+/ in focus mode for a list of shortcuts and you will be ready to go. You will be very efficiently able to navigate the website with half an hour of practice.

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Stephen

Why is open tween banned?

Yeah, it works well, but is slower than clients like TWBlue or Open Tween. I prefer Open Tween, but is banned now, so I'm using TWBlue.

El 24/04/2020 a las 16:19, Akshaya Choudhary escribió:
Hello,
Twitter's website is very accessible. You don't need any third party client. Just press shift+/ in focus mode for a list of shortcuts and you will be ready to go. You will be very efficiently able to navigate the website with half an hour of practice.

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Akshaya Choudhary

Sluggishness experienced with the twitter website might be because  of bandwidth  provided by the intrnet provider. I'm personally very impressed with the accessibility and efficiency of twitter website. It works much better compared to Facebook and Reddit. I can navigate it with the efficiency of navigating any accessible website on FireFox.

Regards

mk360

Nope, is not the case, my ISP is working fine in these scenarios. I'm not saying that Twitter works slower than other webs, for example Facebook, because you are right, Twitter works better in these scenarios. I'm saying That the web interphase is Slower than twitter clients. For example in Open Tween you can browse the timelines with down or app arrow, and is read when you press... you has all options pressing applications or key commands... I know the web is accessible, but never will be faster than a good accessible client, and the same is applicable to TWBlue that is faster, and has commands to use the interphase from any window.

Regards,

mk.

El 25/04/2020 a las 14:36, Akshaya Choudhary escribió:
Sluggishness experienced with the twitter website might be because  of bandwidth  provided by the intrnet provider. I'm personally very impressed with the accessibility and efficiency of twitter website. It works much better compared to Facebook and Reddit. I can navigate it with the efficiency of navigating any accessible website on FireFox.

Regards

Gene

that may not be the case for sighted users.  The slower operation may be caused by the time it takes for browse mode to accommodate the changes.

[...]

Yeah, that is. I need to disable NVDA navigation keys or change to focus mode to use the web interphase commands, I need to wait to NVDA to detect new tweets because these are loaded has I'm moving on the page, sometimes the focus moves... not all the time, and I'm a experienced user so I know when the focus can change and use commands to prevent it... but that takes one second... that second don't exist on Twitter clients, and that is the reason why some people prefer these than the web interphase. Obviously, if we don't have any good client available, we can use the web, I prefer Open Tween but is not working so I'm using TWBlue, and if not, probably I'll use Twitterific from iOS, but, that is... someone asked about a client probably because he/she don't like the access via web...

Regards,

mk.

El 25/04/2020 a las 15:10, Gene escribió:
[...]

Kevin Cussick

Hi, I will take a look at the link You gave, but can You tell me off list if You want what is mastodon?

On 25/04/2020 00:59, Robert Kingett wrote:
Looks like TW Blue is working on Mastodon support. <https://github.com/manuelcortez/TWBlue> Ignore my closed pull request. I was trying to suggest Mastodon support as a suggestion and saw they were experimenting with Mastodon.
Here's a screen reader guide for Mastodon <https://www.starshipchangeling.net/mastodon/> in case anybody missed my earlier message.

Kevin Cussick

Hi, OK I took a look and now I know what it is and not of much interest to me just now but thanks, So You do not have to reply to my last mail.