Topics

Using GoToMeeting (conferencing tool) with NVDA

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello all,

In order to participate in a training session, I tried to test the conferencing tool GoToMeeting:

www.gotomeeting.com

But I only had access to a dialog alert. I could read its contents through object navigation and could only get connected through the help of a sighted user.

Once connected, I could not find any ways to turn on my camera, my microphone and so on.

Does anyone have experienced using this tool with NVDA?

thank you in advance for any information you can have.

Best

Sylvie

David Griffith

I found it totally inaccessible when I tried it about 6 months ago with West Ham United. In the end they abandoned trying to use it with me and switched to using Team Viewer.

David Griffith

In order to participate in a training session, I tried to test the conferencing tool GoToMeeting:

www.gotomeeting.com

But I only had access to a dialog alert. I could read its contents through object navigation and could only get connected through the help of a sighted user.

Once connected, I could not find any ways to turn on my camera, my microphone and so on.

Does anyone have experienced using this tool with NVDA?

thank you in advance for any information you can have.

Best

Sylvie

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello David and all,

I just asked them on twitter and they answered that I should use google chrome.

This is much more accessible as the desktop app.

You have keyboard shortcuts to enable or disable your microphone, your camera and so on.

Here is the url:

https://app.gotomeeting.com/home.html

Best

Sylvie

Le 27/04/2020 à 17:30, David Griffith a écrit :

I found it totally inaccessible when I tried it about 6 months ago with West Ham United. In the end they abandoned trying to use it with me and switched to using Team Viewer.

David Griffith

In order to participate in a training session, I tried to test the conferencing tool GoToMeeting:

www.gotomeeting.com

But I only had access to a dialog alert. I could read its contents through object navigation and could only get connected through the help of a sighted user.

Once connected, I could not find any ways to turn on my camera, my microphone and so on.

Does anyone have experienced using this tool with NVDA?

thank you in advance for any information you can have.

Best

Sylvie

Ralf Kefferpuetz

It is not very accessible when in a meeting, but you can use shortkeys to perform some actions, but they don’t give you any response. Listing of shortcuts here:

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/use-keyboard-shortcuts-from-the-desktop-app-windows-only-g2m040026