locked how to get Emphasis and styled text

Bernd Dorer

Hi,

could someone tell me how to produce Text with emphasis and/or style?

A simple example would help me a lot.

Thanks
Bernd

Your question is far to vague to be answered.  The first thing that would be necessary information is, "in what software."

This is also not an NVDA-related question, but is about whatever software/web editor you are using, and would probably be better posed in the Chat Subgroup.

Bernd Dorer

Hi Brian,

for me it's more important to know the usecase for the options as they are listed in document formatting category.
If it helps I say Microsoft Word.

I want to explain them in a German Podcast and couldn't produce them.

Thanks
Bernd
Am 27.04.2020 um 22:38 schrieb Brian Vogel:

Your question is far to vague to be answered.  The first thing that would be necessary information is, "in what software."

This is also not an NVDA-related question, but is about whatever software/web editor you are using, and would probably be better posed in the Chat Subgroup.

Bernd,

             In word, doing formatting at the level of the words themselves simply involves selecting the text one wishes to format and then using the keyboard shortcuts to produce the formatting you're looking for.

See:

Keyboard shortcuts in Word - Office Support

             The Frequently Used Shortcuts section talks about bold, italic, and underline.  If you are talking about the Styles part of the ribbon, I never use it.

             However, this is definitely not an NVDA-related topic, but is about how to use Microsoft Word.  If you wish to discuss this further I will be happy to, but you need to join the Chat Subgroup and ask there, which is one of the purposes for the subgroup.  At this point I will lock this topic.