Topics

Accessible Fediverse resources

Edited

Below, I've written a guide on accessibility within the Fediverse. I hope you enjoy it! I decided to host it on my own blog rather than on this list. Share the link if you enjoy.

https://blindjournalist.wordpress.com/2020/04/27/fediverse-accessibility-resources/

Hmmm can I link facebook with this?
I am trying to add friends mainly because I want to use messenger
which is somewhat accessible but to add a friend, well the page is so
full of stuff I don't know what I am doing.
I use twitter mainly for viewing and facebook a little but mostly wordpress.
This fediverse sounds like something I should invest in both for mine
and other websites.
I am actually interested.

On 28/04/2020, Robert Kingett <@blindjourno> wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: I replaced the huge email with a link to the blog post containing
everything.]

Below, I've written a guide on accessibility within the Fediverse. I hope
you enjoy it! I decided to host it on my own blog rather than on this list.
Share the link if you enjoy.

https://blindjournalist.wordpress.com/2020/04/27/fediverse-accessibility-resources/

Some Friendica instances can host facebook friends, I think, but typically, no. Open source, federated software, does not play well with closed software.

As for chat and IM, I just added Matrix this morning so revisit my blog post.

But as far as facebook goes, use Miranda NG, a universal IM client. I had a link to a particular blind version years ago but I lost it.

I've put in a request for Miranda NG to add Matrix support, but it's not even on their roadmap yet.

Lastly, use m.facebook.com instead of the normal site because it's plain HTML.