Punctuation and Symbols

Pele West

Hi Everyone

Please could someone tell me how to change the names of some of the
punctuation symbols?

for example, I would like ! to say Exclamation Mark rather than Bang,
but not if it is at the end of a word.

I have tried changing the names in the Punctuation Settings but they
don't seem to change.

Thanks

Pele West

Tyler Spivey

You change it in the punctuation dialog like you tried.

You'll want to change both ! sentence ending and !.

On 4/28/2020 1:31 AM, Pele West wrote:
Hi Everyone

Please could someone tell me how to change the names of some of the
punctuation symbols?

for example, I would like ! to say Exclamation Mark rather than Bang,
but not if it is at the end of a word.

I have tried changing the names in the Punctuation Settings but they
don't seem to change.

Thanks

Pele West

Pele West

Hi tyler

Thanks. I had not realised how the symbols were displayed. All sorted
now.

Did anyone see my message about programming NVDA to make the modifier
keys on the Braille Sense U2 QWERTY work when I connect it to a laptop?
I assume it can't be done.

pele