Topics

NVDA and Pontes Media Downloader

Fresh Start

Greetings all,

I am not sure who recommended Pontes Media downloader.  But hit is been awesome.  however, I have been having a little issue lately.  I am using version 3.0.

1.        How do I get Pontes to empty the table of past url’s?

2.       2.  Sometimes when pasting the url from youtube into the url field for downloading, then tabbing to the download button and pressing enter on it, the file doesn’t always download.

3.       I go back to check the url field and find it is empty.  But one more shift tab back there is a list of past download url’s.

4.       I tried copying and pasting the shortcut listing with no luck. NVDA will read me the first column but not what that keystroke does in the second column.

5.       How can I get the complete table to copy to the clipboard to paste into Word and save.

6.

7.       I have had great success with Pontes.  But lately, It takes a few times getting the file.  I am went through the program options and think all is set right.  I genuine thank anyone for some directions.  I send a song out with each of my daily devotions and rely heavily on the awesome program…  Blessings in any of

Subscribe to the Fresh Start Daily Devotion by sending a message to the e-mail address shown below with subscribe in the subject field.

dan@...

Unsubscribe from the Fresh Start Daily Devotion by sending a message to the e-mail address shown below with unsubscribe in the subject field.

dan@...

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.”

(Proverbs 3:5,6 NIV)

Ron Canazzi

Hi Dan/Fresh Start,

Pontes must be updated before it works properly again.  Every now and then, Youtube grows wise to Pontes and similar programs.  They change something in the download logarithm that makes Pontes not work so well.  Sometimes this issue is caused by a JAVA update.  If JAVA causes the issue, all you need do is uninstall and reinstall Pontes--being sure to delete all associated folders.  But I already tried that and it still is having issues.  You will have to wait until Pontes developers update the program.

...And you are sending out a 'pirated song' with every daily devotion--HMMMMMM! Interesting!

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

There is an option to delete all thiles control shift and backspace.

its in the menus to.

You should select the source you want before you convert to whatever you want, I usually select the lowest source audio as it will play fine no matter what it is.

It can crash with some settings but its ok.

On 1/05/2020 2:16 am, Fresh Start wrote:

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Those of us using a third party downloader were having issues. Youtube basically changed some stuff and the app makers have to work around it, again.

Take care and that's all I know.

On 30 Apr 2020, at 14:42, Ron Canazzi wrote:

[...]

Arlene

Hi, I have pontes 2 something How do I upgrade to 3? When I use it, it doesn’t convert the files. It says completely done when I go to the folder where the files go it’s not there. Why doesn’t it convert anymore? I told friends that youtube  might be cracking down on people who use any converter to convert files and they believed it.  I’ve been using pontes for 2 or 3 years. It’s worked no problem. Now it doesn’t convert the files. If I need to upgrade do I have to go to the site to get it?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

That’s what I thought. I did not uninstall and reinstall. I’ll just wait for the developers to update it.

[...]

I guess you are right on that Ron.  It didn’t hit me until now.  I was doing it as a way to make the devotion be more relevant and meaningful.  Wow, that really makes me think again about that practice.  Thanks for the little nudge, smile.

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.  I did see 3.1 on the site,

http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/#meniu

But when downloading it it comes in as 3.0.  I was also looking for a pontes list to join if you know one.  Thanks for your response.

[...]

I genuinely thank you.

[...]

Angelo Sonnesso

I use Pontes Media Downloader regularly, and it works very well.

I downloaded a video this morning.

Do you have the latest download?

73 N2DYN Angelo

[...]

I am using pmd3.0.  Is that what you have?

[...]

I am using Version: 3.1.1-190316.

73 N2DYN Angelo

[...]

I have the same problem  Visit this link and get version 3.0 for windows or mac which every one you use.

When you press enter on the link to download version 3.0 you are asked if you want to save or run the program.

Press alt plus the letter n.

Then I usually tab once to “save.  Then arrow once right.  Then go up to save as and press enter.  Then I press shift tab twice and navigate to where I want the file to be saved and then press alt plus.

But if you just want it to run just press alt plus r

Or press alt plus n and tab to run and hit enter.

Hope this helps.

The link is here.

Pontes media downloader version 3.0

Direct link

[...]

George McCoy

Try updating the download engine.  Pontes Media Downloader is just a gui interface to the command line interface for youtube-dl.

Open Pontes media downloader and press ctrl plus u to update the download engine.

George

On 4/30/2020 4:42 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
[...]

Arlene,

You don't necessarily have to upgrade.  Try updating the download engine first.

Open Pontes Media Downloader.

press alt plus o to enter the options menu.

Down arrow once to update download engine and press enter.

George

On 4/30/2020 6:14 PM, Arlene wrote:

[...]

well technically pontes media downloader is basically a frontend to
youtube dl and ffmpeg.
Its just a frontend.
Some youtube creaters have had issues to with stuff hanging.

On 01/05/2020, George McCoy <slr1bpz@...> wrote:
Arlene,

You don't necessarily have to upgrade.  Try updating the download engine
first.

Open Pontes Media Downloader.

press alt plus o to enter the options menu.

Down arrow once to update download engine and press enter.

George

On 4/30/2020 6:14 PM, Arlene wrote:

Hi, I have pontes 2 something How do I upgrade to 3? When I use it, it
doesn’t convert the files. It says completely done when I go to the
folder where the files go it’s not there. Why doesn’t it convert
anymore? I told friends that youtube  might be cracking down on people
who use any converter to convert files and they believed it.  I’ve
been using pontes for 2 or 3 years. It’s worked no problem. Now it
doesn’t convert the files. If I need to upgrade do I have to go to the
site to get it?

Windows 10

*dan@...* <mailto:dan@...>

Unsubscribe from the Fresh Start Daily Devotion by sending a
message to the e-mail address shown below with unsubscribe in the
subject field.

*dan@...* <mailto:dan@...>

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own
understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make
your paths straight.”

(Proverbs 3:5,6 NIV)

Arlene

I did that and updated the java and still no dice.

[...]

Gene

If you care about audio, why would you select the lowest audio source? The problem is that off anhd on, Youtube blocks downloaders by making changes. This appears to be what has happened now. It makes no sense to select the lowest source of audio unless you don't care about sound or perhaps are working with spoken word and only if there is some problem downloading in general you are having such as having such a slow Internet connection that it takes a ridiculously long time to download a good quality file. This is very bad advice for general users and doesn't account for such problems.

[...]

You don't have to upgrade. It will do no good. Youtube has blocked downloaders. Off and on, it makes changes and designers of downloaders have to work around the problem. It’s a cat and mouse game. Wait until you see information that a new download engine is available then download it. You will see an item in the Pontes menu for upgrade download engine or similar wording. Or you can try upgrading every day or two. If you can download, there is a new upgrade.

I much prefer the old version of Pontes and I'm waiting for a new engine. I tried the newer version just in case and it won't download anything either.

In the version you are running, open the menus with alt. Right arrow to options. Down arrow to update download engine and press enter.

[...]

I saw a message from someone saying that the program works for them. Perhaps the block isn't effective in some locations for some reason. But I suspect that it is in effect for a lot of people in different areas. I'm not a moderator but it would be useful if we had some idea of whether a lot of people are having problems. But that should be done on the chat list, not this one.