Topics

Some misstakes in new rc NVDA version

Marco Oros

Hi!

At the first, where can I inform about this thing of NVDA misstakes of, for example Espeak NG?

Because I have noticed, that new Mandarin Chinese is badly pronounced in NVDA in that way, that syllable and some kind of number. Maybe, this is problem of Espeak NG, but I am not shure.

Nextly, arabic letter meem is pronounced in Espeak, like meetar, but I think, that It is incorrect.

Where can I issued those things?

Thank You.

Marco Oros

Ethan

This does sound like ESpeak issues and would need to be fixed by
ESpeak. You can make a new issue at
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues

Ethan

On 12/4/17, Marco Oros <marco.oros93@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

At the first, where can I inform about this thing of NVDA misstakes of,
for example Espeak NG?

Because I have noticed, that new Mandarin Chinese is badly pronounced in
NVDA in that way, that syllable and some kind of number. Maybe, this is
problem of Espeak NG, but I am not shure.

Nextly, arabic letter meem is pronounced in Espeak, like meetar, but I
think, that It is incorrect.

Where can I issued those things?

Thank You.

Marco Oros

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

If you are talking about Espeak then there is supposed to be an Espeak mail list and a section on the github site for that. One thing you might try is other synths for the languages you are talking about of course. If none exist, then why not try the older version of espeak as I am using. The trick is to download the add on speech player in Espeak. Its on the add ons web site. No matter if you don't like the voice as it offers all the normal variants, but as its using a previous version of espeak for me at least the mess ups introduced in the new version even in English are not present. It could well be true for other languages as well. I simply do not know.
However if you want to have a moan about it then you can get an nvda github account and raise an issue just like on the espeak one.
I happen to feel that somebody from the Espeak team needs to monitor here as grumblings have been said here before and nobody seems to do anything about them.
I have no time and now I have a work around silly pronunciations in Espeak current version I'm happy.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-