From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kerryn Gunness via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2020 6:51 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda and buttons

guys

can nvda rename buttons, like unlabled buttons etc

if so how is it done?

Gene

As far as I know it can't be done unless an add-on allows this and I've seen no discussion of such. You can't rename graphics either.

This needs to be added if it can’t be done.

can nvda rename buttons, like unlabled buttons etc

if so how is it done?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

That also needs added.

As far as I know it can't be done unless an add-on allows this and I've seen no discussion of such. You can't rename graphics either.

This needs to be added if it can’t be done.

can nvda rename buttons, like unlabled buttons etc

if so how is it done?

Kerryn Gunness

thanks jene and dennis

As far as I know it can't be done unless an add-on allows this and I've seen no discussion of such. You can't rename graphics either.

This needs to be added if it can’t be done.

can nvda rename buttons, like unlabled buttons etc

if so how is it done?

Kerryn,

          You may, and I emphasize may, be able to use the Golden Cursor add-on to accomplish what you're hoping for within specific application (which, I'd imagine, would include a web browser on a specific webpage).  See the NVDA+SHIFT+I command to add a tag or label based on the mouse position.  You'd still need to use Golden Cursor later to access the label, but you'd have it and know it's there.

           It's a workaround, but depending on how important it is, it's a possibility.

Kerryn Gunness

thanks brian