From: Greg Wocher
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2020 6:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Difference between codefactory and Tiflotecnia
Vocalizer

Hello,
I was just checking to see if the code factory vocalizer did not change
pitch for capital letters. It does change pitch for me. I did notice
that with certain voices, nathan for example, it worked on some letters
but not others. I found that the female voices did do better than the
male ones with Karen being the best. I also set the pitch change from 30
to 50.

Greg Wocher

On May 3, 2020, at 9:37 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

I have the code factory vocalizer NVDA addon that I purchased from
ATGuys. My only issue with them is the fact that the raise pitch on
capital letteers does not work.

On 5/3/2020 6:03 AM, luke scholey wrote:
Hi all

Hope everyone’s safe and well.

Just a quick question, can someone give me a comparison of the
Vocalizer (I’m only interested in vocalizer) offerings between the
codefactory addon and the Tiflotecnia addon.

I want to know about the quality, responsiveness, number of voices
available (they both say the same amount on the website) however
Tiflotecnia’s voice page doesn’t seem to offer as many as
codefactory, if there’s updates, how easy is that? Do you need to
deactivate to do windows updates?

I’m just looking for someone who’s used one or both for a long time
who can tell me straight up how they perform.

Thanks for any advice, I know things like this have been covered
before, I’ve had a look but they’re spread far and wide over several
topics
Luke

Clement Chou

Anyone notice that language switching on the code factory version of
vocalizer seems to be unreliable at best? Even with boxes checked both
in the vocalizer settings as well as the actual NVDA voice settings?

On 5/3/20, Greg Wocher <gwocher@...> wrote:
Hello,
The Tiflotecnia one sounds a bit more gravelly than the code factory one. At
least it does on my computer.

Greg Wocher

On May 3, 2020, at 1:51 PM, Jesse Farquharson <jesse100rules@...>
wrote:

Sounds better in what way? I'm curious.

Greg Wocher

Hello,
The Tiflotecnia one sounds a bit more gravelly than the code factory one. At least it does on my computer.

Greg Wocher

On May 3, 2020, at 1:51 PM, Jesse Farquharson <jesse100rules@...> wrote:

Sounds better in what way? I'm curious.

Jesse Farquharson

Hello,

See below for a comment posted on a thread very similar to this one.

 For NVDA 2019.3.1 or posterior, use the driver found at: https://www.tiflotecnia.net/Instal/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.1.nvda-addon

I'm not sure where the voices are found, though. The ones I have work, but were on the same website that you went to. If there are voices on the link I posted above, how to get to them is at best unclear because this website doesn't appear to be available in english.

luke scholey

It does seem silly. This is why I’ve got so many questions. Do you know where I can find the driver?
Luke

On 3 May 2020, at 19:34, Jesse Farquharson <jesse100rules@...> wrote:

Their website is strange. For some reason, the driver for Python 3 eloquence is located somewhere else entirely. You're not the first person to be tripped up by this, and you won't be the last. I'm a bit confused and surprised as to why they did things that way.

Don H

I do hear maybe a little pitch change with capital letters but it also says the word Capital which I have unchecked in the settings.  To me saying Capital before each capital letter is annoying.

On 5/3/2020 12:56 PM, Greg Wocher wrote:
[...]

Gene, I agree with you. I can’t find a demo of the tiflotecnia addon though, and on the vocalizer NVDA website, downloading the driver to test it out results in a compatibility error from NVDA.

Anyone know if they do a demo?
Luke

On 3 May 2020, at 19:19, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I'm sure both these add-ons have demos. Aside from getting opinions, the best way to determine which you want is to try the demos.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Greg Wocher
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2020 12:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Difference between codefactory and Tiflotecnia Vocalizer

[...]

They do. But the Code Factory demo never runs. Apparently, it's expired. But I have never run it before. Tried it on multiple computers with the same result.

Gene

[...]

I have both the code factory add on and the Tiflotecnia one. I think the code factory add on sounds a bit better than the Tiflotecnia one. The Tiflotecnia add on does seem to be a bit more responsive than the code factory one. I have actually had the Tiflotecnia since it came out for NVDA. There are two reasons I recently purchased the code factory add- on. First is eloquence wich is one of my favorite synths. The second reason is that the code factory add on for vocalizer has voices that the Tiflotecnia one does not. Nathan and Evan are two that come to mind right away.

Greg Wocher

On May 3, 2020, at 1:29 PM, luke scholey <l.scholey@...> wrote:

Tiflotecnia

Jesse Farquharson

I do. I think it works quite well. Haven't noticed any garbling or anything of the like. Haven't experienced any crashes with these voices and they start up almost as fast as NVDA itself does. I do wish questionmarks and exclamation points were a bit more pronounced (you can't always tell a question is being posed based on the inflection) but in my experience that is pretty common with synths aside from good ol' Eloquence. Sigh

luke scholey

Thanks all, very helpful. Does anyone have the Tiflotecnia version who could advise me as well?

Thanks
Luke

[...]

Bob Jutzi

I went with Codefactory due to the cheaper price along with inclusion of
Eloquence, which I really wanted.  A slight drawback, though not a
dealbreaker for me, the voices are somewhat gargled but extremely
responsive.  Just as a precaution, I deactivate my license prior to
reinstalling Windows 10.

My system is a Dell Inspiron 3650 3.7ghz 7th gen. Core i3, with 8gb memory.

On 5/3/2020 7:23 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
I am using code factory sapi addon and as long as you deactivate it
betwene major os upgrades its fine.

You can only have 1 voice of each language installed with 1 level low
or high, but once you have a small file downloaded you are free to
install what languages you want.

For me I have the high quality voices since I have the computer power
etc.

The voice activation and installs are all server based though so if
for any reason servers time out, things may deactivate till you
reactivate again though if that is the case you will not lose anything.

Atguys.com is where I got the voices and they are definitely worth it.

A big reason I got the sapi voices was for gaming but also because I
have a 64 bit machine and windows seems not to always play nice with
32 bit voices, switching them back to default voices each startup or
so I have been told.