Hope you are all staying safe

Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>

Welcome

On May 5, 2020, at 12:10 AM, info.calisjs@... wrote:

Hey everyone, new to the group.

Excited for this group's content.
Hope you are all staying safe

Hi,

The original poster (not Cecelia) is a spammer) and was banned by Groups.IO.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cecelia Rodriguez
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 2:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Saying Hello

Welcome

On May 5, 2020, at 12:10 AM, info.calisjs@... wrote:

Hey everyone, new to the group.

Excited for this group's content.
Hope you are all staying safe

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 05:31 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
The original poster (not Cecelia) is a spammer) and was banned by Groups.IO.
This is one of the reasons I have strong reservations about even approving messages of the "Saying Hello" type.  Spammers very often use this as a technique to gain entry.  I will be discussing this with the group owner.   Although I hesitate to do anything to reduce the sense anyone has of feeling welcome, one can do an "introduction/saying hello" as part of their first post with a question or answer.

The risks from approving messages with no content beyond a "hello" are becoming higher than I'd like.